Chapter 7: What A Bag Of Bolts...

Duska

The past two months living with the skeleton brothers have been the best time in my life. I've hung out with everyone that they introduced me to that first morning but i've been with the brothers the most. Papyrus is teaching me how to cook spaghetti but the classes mostly involve more of me making sure that Pap didn't poison me with inedible ingredients, especially glitter which he seems extremely insistant on. Sans told me that Undyne had taught him how to cook the spaghetti which put light onto why he smashes the tomatoes into mush with his fists.

"whatcha thinkin' about dus?"

A skeletal hand flicks my arm, snapping me out of my thoughts. The smile plastered onto Sans' face is contagious as my own mouth archs into a smile of its own.

"Just thinking about Pap's spaghetti."

"why you thinkin' about that?"

Mettaton's voice reaches my ears, it's coming from the TV in front of us. He's doing some kind of show that could possibly be a drama or a comedy. Can't really tell which it is.

"Because it's more interesting then what's on the TV."

His deep chuckle makes me laugh myself, I remember him telling me that he dislikes the flamboyant robot. I had met him when I had visited Alphys' Lab with the brothers, Pap fangirled over him while Sans glared at him menacingly. Sure Mettaton had given me free clothes and had treated Papyrus... nicely, but he had somewhat politely asked me if i'd like to have a job. I somewhat politely declined. As Sans stops laughing a loud knock at the door draws our attention.

"Darlings! Are you home?"

"huh, speak of the devil."

I laugh as I walk over to the door, opening it wide only to be attacked into a mettalic hug. The metal neck of Mettaton has absorbed the cold of Snowdin and is freezing my face until I begin losing feeling, it's becoming hard to move my face.

"whatcha here for robot?"

"Oh hun... your going to be excited!"

He releases me from the hug but drags me over to the couch, dropping me beside Sans. I rub my face with my hand to try and warm it up again but it does little so I quickly give up. I look up at Mettaton and his large smirk says it all, I am certainly not going to be excited. But Sans' smirk says something different, something that definetly going to be great.

"is it... a metta-ton of ketchup?"

The two of us laugh while Mettaton pouts at the joke he unconsciously set up. I force myself to stop laughing as a joke forms in my mind.

"So if you date someone... are you-

"Don't."

"-in a relation-chip?"

Sans and I burst into uncontrollable laughter while Mettaton groans loudly, he isn't a very punny robot apparently. I roll onto my back and then onto the floor, all the while holding my sides from laughing so hard. After a few minutes I calm down and notice that the two of them have been watching me laugh around on the ground. 

"So what were you saying Metta?"

I giggle with Sans as Mettaton facepalms while giving me a hand up. He looks at me sternly before giving a forgiving smile. 

"I'll forgive you two for that as i'm inviting both of you, and Papy of course, to my dance in a fortnight!"

I knew that it was going to be bad, I am still not used to large crowds and Mettatons parties have been rumored to have more than half of the Underground in one room.

"i ain't going. too much work."

"Too many people."

"Oh come on darlings! It'll be fun! I'll even give you some nice clothes for the occasion."

"nope. i'm good here."

He sighs and relaxes into the couch with a satisfied smile. I just stand there awkwardly beside Mettaton staring at the floor.

"Just ask her!"

Sans quickly looks up from the couch with his eye sockets widened while the robot snickers at his words. Once again, I just stand awkwardly off to the side.

"shut up you bag of bolts."

"Ooh! I hit a soft spot!"

"don't you even-"

"You are coming or I'll tell Papy! And you know him... such a chatterbox."

He closes his eyes for a few seconds before rubbing his face with his hands and sighing loudly.

"fine! but only because i hate you..."

"Yay! So Duska, you in too?"

I jump back at my sudden inclusion into the conversation. I was liking being invisible, it was somewhat peaceful.

"Uh... there's still a lot of people coming. I don't even feel comfortable in Grillbyz sometimes."

"Oh hun, you won't get over that stuff unless you deal with it head on! This is a great opportunity!"

I sigh and look over at Sans for some advice or help, he just shrugs and continues watching the conversation. Looking back at Mettaton I only see his signature smile as his eyes shine expectantly at me. How can robot's eyes even do that?

"Fine..."

I'm picked up from my armpits and spun in a circle before being dropped onto the floor. The robot laughs heartily before a quick buzz comes from his phone that's strapped to his hip. He proffesionally flips it out and reads his text.

"Oh I need to head back to the hotel. Ta-ta huns!"

He gives a small wave as he leaves, making the room silent. Sans and I don't say a word to each other for an uncomfortable period of time until he clears out his 'throat'.

"you sure you wanna go kid? you don't have to."

"Y-Yeah. Like Metta said, it could help."

I'm not looking towards the dance but I guess that I have no choice now. I sigh and rub my face, groaning quietly as I do so.

"I'm tired, I'm heading to bed. Do you mind if I use your room?"

"sure kid, i'm comfy here. nite."

"Nite."

I walk up the stairs and enter his room quietly, closing the door just as quietly behind me. I crash onto the soft mattress and scream loudly into a pillow hoping that Sans can't hear. I had just agreed to go to a party! With a room full of monsters! As if my confidence around others wasn't low enough, but now I have to go socialise!

"Great job Duska. Real smart..."

I roll over and close my eyes to try and head to sleep as quickly as I can. All I want to do is just dream away the memories of tonight...