Chapter 10: Trigger

Sans

This was a huge mistake. I walk onto the stage and cover my eye sockets from the intense amount of light that's beading onto me. I sit on a chair and get comfortable on it. I swear I see Papyrus in the front row along with Toriel, Frisk, Chara, Undyne and others that I recognise. I place the Ukulele onto my knee, ignoring the fact that the microphone has been pre-lowered to my height as well. I strum a few times before taking a deep breath, here we go.

"wise men say,

only fools rush in,

but I can't help,

falling in love with you."

After the first few lines I let myself untense and sink into the music. I give a quick smile to Duska who's watching from the side, her smile couldn't be any wider.

"shall I stay?

would it be a sin?

cause I can't help,

falling in love with you..."

"like a river flows,

surely to the sea.

darling so it goes,

some things are meant to be."

"oh take my hand,

take my whole life too,

for I can't help,

falling in love with you."

"like a river flows,

surely to the sea.

darling so it goes,

somethings are meant to be."

"take my hand.

take my whole life too.

for I can't help,

falling in love with you.

for I can't help,

falling in love...

with...

you..."

The applause echoes throughout the large room and several 'whoops' can be heard from the front where all the most familiar faces are cheering. Suddenly they all begin chanting 'encore' and I back up a little in surprise, i'm not that good am I?

"Well... that sure was a great performance!"

Mettaton regains the spotlight but grabs ahold of me before i'm able to walk off stage. I shift uncomforably under his hand but his grip is tight, best that I don't give him a bad time in front of everyone.

"I know you all want an encore-"

The crowd goes wild and I hear something moving behind me but Mettaton's hand is gripping my shoulder so tightly that if he went any tighter my HP would go down to zero point nine. I ignore his boring speal and just wave as the crowd goes mad again. I walk off to side and take a deep breath.

"heh heh... if i had a heart it would be beating so fast right now... kid..."

Duska wasn't backstage. No one was backstage except Burgerpants who looked like he didn't want to be here, he never wants to be anywhere near Mettaton but still.