Chapter 13: Past Memories

Duska

It's been a month since Sans had his 'stress attack' and he hasn't gotten anything similar to it. We've mostly been hanging out in Snowdin as Papyrus had to recalibrate his puzzles and Sans had to 'work'. But right now the three of us are home, all eating spaghetti for dinner. By 'eating' I actually mean waiting for Paps to get distracted so that Sans can send it to... wherever it goes.

"WOWIE! ONCE AGAIN YOU TWO HAVE EATEN MY SPAGHETTI SO FAST! DO YOU WANT SECONDS DUSKA?"

"No thank you Paps, that large plate filled me."

"NYEH HEH HEH! MASTER CHEF PAPYRUS DOES IT AGAIN!"

A polite knock comes from the front door along with a giggle. 

"Knock knock!"

Toriel's here. Sans jumps down from the chair and stands beside the door with a smile.

"who's there?"

"Lettuce."

"lettuce who?"

We've all heard this one before but it's still funny, to everyone except Paps. I jump off the chair myself as Sans opens the door for our guest.

"Lettuce in!"

The three of us giggle as Papyrus screams how bad today has gotten in the last five minutes, along with two voices groaning behind Toriel. She walks inside and reveals Frisk, Chara and Flowey all walking in behind her, all wearing winter gear. Even Flowey has little leaf mittens that I can't help but stare at.

"What are you staring at hybrid!?!"

"Your little mittens. Are they comfy?"

"NO! They scratch my leaves and they don't bend properly!"

"You didn't say that when Frisk had gifted them to you."

Toriel's friendly interferance makes me smile as Flowey shies away from my sight. I close the door and walk over to Toriel and Frisk who is now sitting in Sans' lap.

"It is nice to see you my child."

"Nice to see you all too. Why didn't you call ahead? I could've saved you some time in the cold."

She giggles and waves the whole idea off, just like usual. I've passed her the invitation to ask for a teleport before but she always denies, why she does is still a mystery.

"We had come over to borrow some books from the Library and Frisk gave me a great idea! Would you like to stay over with us for the week Duska?"

I smile and nod, being instantly tackled into a hug by the young boy. He playfully laughs as I pick him upside down and throw him onto the couch.

"uh... you sure about that dus?"

Looking over to the short skeleton I see that he's worried about something, his gaze is on Chara and Flowey. I sigh and walk over to him, giving him a kind smile.

"I'll be fine Sans. You know me..."

I lift my arm and watch as magical flames turn it into pure bone. Sans' smile widens as soon as he notices my own.

"Nothing gets under my skin."

Sans, Toriel and I all chuckle as another muffled scream can be heard from the kitchen. I give Sans a quick pat on the shoulder before heading up the stairs.

"Do you guys wanna help me pack?"

The two children quickly follow and enter my room with me, stopping just before reaching the bed. I pull two suitcases out from beneath it and throw them on top. With my instructions the two pack the clothes that suit the Castle more than Snowdin weather while I throw in my undergarments. That word is just so weird to me, it doesn't even sound like a word. I watch the two from the corner of my eye as I also pack my pictures with the skele brothers, something to help with home sickness if I get it.