Ch.58 The Door

After school, Brenden and his friends went to the 'Wonder diner' where they ordered some shakes and sat down to chat. But as they were talking, Darling and Chase entered.

"Hey guys" Darling said to them.

"Oh hey" Amanda said.

"Mind if we join you guys?" Chase said.

"Yes" Brenden mumbled.

"You can join us" Lauren said "We were just about to play Truth or Dare?"

"Oo I wanna watch" Darling smiled.

"Alright here we go. Ilene, Truth or Dare?"

"Um..." Ilene said as she started to think "Dare."

"I dare you to pour ice down your bra" Lauren smiled as everyone gave a small laugh.

"Okay" Ilene shrugged as she went to the counter "Courtly, give me some ice."

After Courtly gave her the ice, Ilene started to pour them down her bra.

"Damn that's cold!" she exclaimed as she shivered "How long do I have to keep them in here?"

"As long as you can handle it" Lauren laughed.

"Well I'm done now" Ilene said as she took the ice out and back into the cup they came in.

"Okay" Lauren giggled "Your turn."

"Alright" Ilene said as she sat down and gave a little shiver "Man I'm cold now. Well anyway, uh, Brenden, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth" Brenden said.

"What was the last lie you told?"

"Okay game over" he quickly said.

"Why?" Chase asked with a sneaky look "Cause you know lying is a bad thing?"

"Okay that's it" Brenden said as he got up and turned to Darling and Chase "You 2, outside now."

Darling and Chase gave a small sigh as they followed Brenden out the diner.

"Okay look" he said to them "I still need more time."

"No more time" Darling said "We made a deal, we're not starting the new semester with a lie."

"I'm lying for my friends."

"Dude do you even know what you're doing?" Chase asked.

"I'm trying to protect my friends."

"No you're not, you're putting yourself in this tough situation that you can't escape from unless you tell them the truth."

Brenden gave a sad sigh.

"Brenden" Darling said "When we go back in there, tell them, I'm sure they'll understand."

"And what if they don't?"

"We wont know until you tell them. Cause we should always tell each other the truth."

Brenden gave another sigh "If you 2 really care about me, you know that you will do the right thing."

"Oh believe us" Darling said "We will. Now let's go back in so you can tell them once and for all."

Brenden gave a small sigh as they went back into the diner.

"Everything okay?" Christina asked them.

"Yeah" Brenden said as he sat down.

He then looked at Darling and Chase who gave him the 'do it' look.