Ch.13 Soulmate Punch

The next day at school, as Tara was walking to class, she spotted Dylan Foster putting books into his locker. She had always thought he was really cute, with his red hair and freckles, and his quirky personality. Not many girls were attracted to him, but Tara was. But she never had the guts to tell him how she feels. Just then the bell rang, Tara watched as Dylan gathered his things and was about to walk to class when he tripped over a loose shoelace and his stuff scattered on the floor. Tara quickly went to him and started to help his gather his stuff.

"You okay?" she asked.

"Yeah" he said "I gotta tie my shoelace better".

"Well here" she handed him a library book.

"Thanks" he said as they got up "See you around".

"You too" Tara smiled as he headed to his class.

But as Tara looked down, she spotted a little green notebook that they forgot to pick up.

"Oh oh" she said as she picked up the notebook "Dylan you forgot your-!"

She tried to call him, but she saw that Dylan was no where in sight. She gave a sigh as she looked at the notebook, she saw that the word 'Poems' was titled across the cover. Curious, Tara opened the notebook and saw that there were tons of poems, and she was amused by how good they were. There was a poem about a tree, one about school, even one about Macy. Even though Tara knew Dylan liked Macy, she thought that the poem was very beautiful. She was so amazed that Dylan was a poet, but she knew she had to return his notebook to him, she figured she'll do at lunch as she went off to class.

It was the day Ginger would help Hopper make a treat for Briar, she got her cookbook and headed to the library. She went in and saw that the Evil Step-Librarians weren't around. She then saw Hopper sitting by himself at a table, so she went up to him and sat in the seat next to him.

"Hey" she whispered.

"Hey" he said "You don't have to whisper, the Step-Librarians are at a meeting".

"Then who's in charge of the library?"

"Rosabella Beauty".

"And where is she?"

"I don't know, probably hanging more signs".

"So were pretty much alone?"

"Yeah".

"Well, okay then. I uh, I brought my cookbook".

She opened her cookbook and showed him the many recipes.

"So all of the treats you've made came from this cookbook?" Hopper asked.

"Most of them" she said "Some of them I've found on the Mirror Web, so what do you wanna make?"

Hopper searched through the recipes. But then he came upon one that caught his eye.

"Hey what's this?" he asked.

Ginger saw the recipe.

"Soulmate punch?" she said as she started to read the description "Look into the punch and you will see your soulmate".

"Okay" Hopper said surprised "That sounds cool, we have to make this".

"This one?" Ginger said.

"Yeah, I mean, anyone can look into the punch to see who their soulmate is, and hey, maybe if I look into my punch, it'll show Briar".

"I doubt it" Ginger wanted to say.

"Are you sure about this one?" she said nervously "I mean, isn't it best to let life lead people to their soulmates?"

"Well, I really wanna know mine, plus, it could make me cool. I mean, me bringing a magic punch to show people their soulmate, with me giving credit to you too, people will think I'm cool".

"Hopper" Ginger sighed "You don't need a magic punch to make you cool, you already are".

"Really?" he doubted "I turn into a frog when I get nervous around girls".

"Hey, I'm a girl, and you're not nervous around me".

"True" he agreed "But how can I be cool if no girl wants to date me? Girls don't like frogs".

"Hopper, you need to stop thinking negative thoughts about yourself, think about positive ones, like what's something you're good at?"

"Poems, in my frog form".

"See? You're very poetic".

"Yeah, in my frog form" he frowned "That's when girl walk away from me".

"Well I think you're a very talented poet".

"But then there's just me, ol dorky Hopper who can't even get a single date with the prettiest girl in school".

"Hey, I think your dorky personality is what makes you, unique. I mean think about, everyone here is unique in their own special, you are unique for your poetic skills".

"But that's in my frog form, there's nothing unique about me in my human form" he said with a frown.

"Hey" Ginger rubbed his shoulders "Don't say that. You are unique, you just haven't realized it yet. I mean, your quirkiness is what makes you unique. And I think you're cool the way you are".

"Really?" he said.

"Yeah" she smiled "You're also funny, determined, that's what makes you you".

"Wow" he said amused "I've never heard anyone say that to me, well except my mom. But, thanks".

"No problem" she smiled.

"But, can we still make the punch? It's also the only easy one".

"All right" Ginger sighed with a smile.

"Thanks" Hopper smiled.

"All gather the ingredients, we'll start making it tomorrow in the cooking class".

"I'm in, thanks again".

"No problem".

"Well I should get going, I'll see you tomorrow".

"You too" Ginger said as he left the library.

After he left, Ginger gathered her things and headed out of the library. But as she went away, Faybelle peered from behind a bookshelf and watched as Ginger left the library. After hearing about the Soulmate Punch, this gave her a wicked idea.