Ch.8 The wand

After school, Raven decided to take a walk in the Enchanted forest and let her mind run through the nature. It was a perfect day with the sun still shining, the birds chirping, and no angry Headmaster to force you to follow your destiny. Almost everyday Raven would have to hear the demanding words from Headmaster Grimm, always telling her to follow her destiny or she'll go 'poof'. She would always ignore him, but it did give her headaches hearing him talk the same thing over and over. And today she just wanted time to herself, to get away from Grimm and his demanding attitude.

But as she was walking, she suddenly felt something brush pass in front of her. She turned and saw that an arrow had hit a tree next to her. That arrow could of hit her if she had taken another step. She then started to hear footsteps near her as she turned and saw a guy with dark hair and a bow and arrow in his hands coming towards her.

"Wow" he said "If you would of taken one more step that arrow would of gone right through you".

"That could've killed me you know" Raven frowned.

"Well maybe you shouldn't of walked right in front of me" the guy frowned.

"Well maybe you should've looked first before you shoot!"

"Like I'm going to expect a girl to just walk right in front of me?" he smirked.

"Well you should" she frowned as she crossed her arms "You never know, you might actually kill someone someday".

"I've been shooting arrows my whole life, and I've never killed someone with an arrow".

"Never killed anyone?" she smirked.

"Okay maybe I've hit a few people" he admitted.

"You know what? I think I've had enough in the woods for today, goodbye stranger, I hope not to see you again".

And with that she walked away leaving him alone.

"Women" he grunted as he pulled the arrow out of the tree.

"Well that was amusing" a scratchy voice was heard.

He turned around and saw a man grinning at him with a sneaky smile and his rough scaly skin that almost blended with the tree he was standing next to. His smile showed his gold teeth, hence his name.

"I've never actually seen you interact with a girl before Simon" he said as he walked up to him "What happened?"

"Almost killed her with an arrow" Simon said "It was a good shot actually".

"You know I'm pretty sure that was Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen".

"Oh really? Well she certainly had her snarky attitude".

"Just like you" Gold grinned as Simon gave a frown "And me of course, you should hang out with her".

"Uh, no thanks, I'm a lone wolf, I don't need friends".

"That's what I thought" Gold grinned.

"Now if you would excuse me, I'm gonna shoot some more arrows and try not to kill anyone".

"You go ahead and do that" Gold grinned as his son went away.

Mr. Gold's Antique shop was a well know store in Storybrooke, all owned by Mr. Gold himself. His store was filled with many antiques from swords to a spinning wheel, it pretty much has everything. And Mr. Gold himself was considered a wealthy man in his 50s, although he may seem nice at first, he can't always be trusted.

It was like any other day at his shop, Mr. Gold was in the back room polishing a mirror when he heard the bell ring indicating that he had a customer. He went up to the front and saw that the new girl he encountered earlier was inside.

"Oh" he said with a polite smile "It's you again".

"Yeah" she smiled "It's me again".

"Now uh, miss new girl, you know my name but I never got a chance to find out yours".

"Just call me Taylor".

"Well Taylor, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Yeah actually, do you have any wands here?"

"Wands? Well I'm sure I have some".

He went to a corner with her following.

"Ah here we go" he went to a stand which contained multiple wands.

Taylor then started to go through the wands.

"Um uh, I actually need a certain wand" she said.

"Well what kind of wand?" Mr. Gold asked.

"It's a very special wand, it's a wooden wand with designs, you know like those other wands, but it has a name on it. Surely you have it, maybe it's in the back or in a special place".

"Hmm" Mr. Gold started to think "I think I have something like that".

He went behind the counter and opened a cabinet under the counter and pulled out a thin black box. He then pulled the cover off revealing a long wooden wand with designs resting in a red velvet cushion.

"There it is" Taylor smiled as she pulled out the wand and examined it "Oh I held this baby in a long time".

Mr. Gold wondered why, but then he looked at the handle of the wand and saw a name carved into it, as he looked closer he saw that it read 'Mira Queen', and this triggered his memory.

"Well" he turned to Taylor with a chuckle "Mira Queen, the Evil Queen, I knew you looked familiar to me".

"Long time no see Gold" Mira smiled.

"How did you manage to escape the mirror prison?"

"Oh I didn't exactly escape, the real me is still in the mirror realm, I'm what you could say, a younger duplicate".

"Oh" Mr. God said amused "So the adult you is in the mirror realm".

"Exactly" Mira said with a small smile as she ran her fingers across the wand "I've been looking for this for a while".

"What are you planning on using it on?"

"Well" she said with a sneaky smile "It was suppose to be a Thronecoming gift to my daughter, but somehow she never got it. But now I'm gonna make sure she get's this, and when she does, she'll learn to embrace her powers even more, she'll learn to follow her destiny and become just like me, I'll do whatever it takes".

"Does she even know you're here?"

"All she knows right now is that I'm a new girl name Taylor, but I'll eventually tell her, I just gotta wait for the right moment".

At that point she used her powers to make some gold coins appear in the air as they dropped on the counter.

"That should be enough for this wand" she said "I'll see you around Gold".

With the wand clutched in her hands, Mira left the store, leaving Mr. Gold thinking about what her evil plans are.