Ch.49 Find out

Still in the woods, Daring and Holly continued to make their way back to Ever After while being cautious for the wolf.

"You know I don't think this wolf is out here at this time" Daring said.

"You don't know that for sure" Holly said "For all we know he could be watching us right us."

"Well all we do right now is be prepared in case he attacks."

All of a sudden a loud growl was heard.

"Like right now" he said with his eyes widen.

"Oh no" Holly said with a scared look.

"Don't worry Holly" Daring said as he pulled out his sword "I'll keep us safe from this-".

At that point a massive black wolf jumped out and in front of them with it's growling teeth and yellow beaming eyes.

"Damn that's a huge wolf!" Daring gasped.

"Told you" Holly said as she hid behind him.

"Okay" Daring said as he pointed his sword at the wolf "Hey wolfie" he said with a scared smile.

But the wolf just continued to growl at him.

"Um uh" Daring said as he tried to hold up his bravery "We wish no harm, now if you could just-".

But before he could finish, wolf howls were heard in the distance. The wolf gave one more growl before taking off.

"Huh" they both said.

"Looks like he had to leave" Holly said.

"I guess we're fine then" Daring said as he put his sword back.

"Well in that case, we better get going."

They then continued to walk until they finally made it back to Ever After.

"Well" Holly said "We made it safely back."

"But man I hope I'll never see that wolf again" Daring said.

"I'm sure we wont. Although I gotta say, those wolf's eye did look really familiar to me."

"You know me too."

"Hmm."

"Oh well. I had a good time hanging out with you."

"Me too" Holly smiled.

"Maybe we can do it again sometime."

"Yeah."

"Well uh, bye I guess."

"Bye" she smiled as they went their separate ways "Oh my gosh, I actually hung out with Daring."

The next day, as Sabrina was walking towards the school, she was stopped by Stella.

"Hey Sabrina" she said "Can you ask you something?"

"What?" Sabrina said with a depressed look.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and Kendell and the gang after school?"

"No thanks" she said as she started to walk away.

"Wait" Stella stopped her "Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."

"Cause I just thought you wanted to have some fun with us."

"I'm fine okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm fine!" Sabrina shouted as she stomped away.

Stella stood there with a shocked look.

"Yikes" Aidan went up to her "What happened?"

"I don't know, I just asked her if she wanted to hang out with me and Kendell after school and she just yelled at me and walked away."

"Wow."

"I don't know what's wrong with her, she always seems to be depressed."

"Did something happen to her that caused her to act like this?"

"No" Stella said, but then a thought came to her as he eyes widen "Actually, I don't know, she hasn't told me anything."

"You think something happened to her and she wont admit it?"

"Oh my gosh" she said with a worried look "I don't know."

"You said that Sabrina started acting different 3 months ago right?"

"Yeah."

"Well do you remember what happened 3 months ago when she started acting different?"

"Well" Stella said as she started to think "I remember we went to this party at Kendell's place, and after a while I wanted to go home, but Sabrina wanted to stay for a bit, so Kendell took me home while she stayed at the party. But the next morning, I noticed that Sabrina was trying to cover up a black eye with her makeup, I asked her how she got the black eye and she told me that someone accidentally hit her at the party."

"Did you believe her?" Aidan asked.

"I did actually, but then that's when I noticed that she was acting different."

"How?"

"Well she started getting very depressed, plus her grades are dropping, and sometimes I can hear her crying and screaming in her sleep because of nightmares she wont even tell me about. I also remembered that a few days after the party I heard her vomiting in the bathroom, she told me that she ate a lot at the party and she felt a little sick. But what really surprised is that she stopped hanging out with her friends, she even quit cheer leading and I always see her alone, she even stopped hanging out with me."

"Wow" Aidan said with shock.

"I just don't know why she's acting like this" Stella said with a nervous look "I try to help her but she wont let me."

Aidan thought for a moment, and then a thought came to his head.

"Maybe I can talk to her" he suggested.

"You?" she said surprised.

"Well whenever I talk to her she always seems to be interested talking to me."

"Well that's because she has a little crush on you."

"Yeah that's what I thought. But anyway, if you wont talk to you or anyone else, maybe she'll talk to me."

"You think she will?" she asked nervously.

"I'm sure she will. I mean, it is my duty to safe damsels on distress."

"True. Well alright, if you want to talk to her you can do it after school, she always goes to the public library after school."

"I'll see her then."

"Alright Aidan, I hope you can help her."

"You can count on me" he smiled.

"Thanks" she smiled back.

At that point the belle rang, and everyone started to go to class. But as he was heading to class, Aidan couldn't stop thinking about what was wrong with Sabrina, hopefully he'll find out after school.