Ch.24 Chase's question

That evening, the Wonderlandians had gathered at the 'Wonder diner' where they watched as Ilene was showing Brenden a card trick.

"Okay" Ilene said as she shuffled her playing cards and spread them out in her hands "Pick a card".

Brenden chose one.

"Don't show me it" Ilene said "You can show everyone else".

Brenden showed everyone his card; the King of Hearts.

"You got it memorized?" Ilene asked him.

"Yeah" he said.

"Okay, not put it back".

He put the card back into the deck. Everyone watched as Ilene started to shuffle the cards as Brenden's card was now somewhere in the deck.

"Okay" Ilene said "Now you may of noticed that your card isn't in the deck".

She spread the cards face up across the table, Brenden saw that his card wasn't in the deck.

"Your card" Ilene reached her hand behind his ear and pulled out a card "Is here".

She handed him the card, he was surprised to see that it was his!

"Whoa" Brenden gasped as he showed everyone his card as they gasped.

"Amazing" Lauren smiled as they all applauded.

At that point, a beautiful girl with flowly blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes entered. When Chase saw her, his eyes widen.

"Darling?" he gasped.

"Chase?" Darling gasped "Oh my gosh you're really here!"

"Yeah I'm here" he smiled as they hugged.

"So I heard that you came here to see me" Darling said after the hug.

"Oh uh, yeah..." he said awkwardly as he turned to Brenden who just gave him a smirk as he drank his tea.

"Don't worry" Darling giggled "I'm glad you're here, I really wanted to see you too".

"Oh" he said surprised "Well that's great".

"So now that you're here, what do you want to do?"

"Um..." he said as he started to think "I'll let you decide".

"Well in that case" she smiled "Come on".

She grabbed his hand and started to pull him out the door. When Chase turned to face his friends, Brenden gave him a thumbs up. After they had left, the girls had confused look.

"Wait" Amanda said "Do they like each other?"

"Didn't Darling say that she had a crush on a knight and she wouldn't tell us?" Christina said.

"Oh my gosh she likes Chase" Ilene gasped.

"How come they never told us?" Lauren wondered.

They then turned to Brenden.

"What?" he asked.

"Did you knew about this?" Christina asked.

"Well Chase only told me" he confessed "But I'm not sure about Darling".

"It has to be him" Amanda said "Darling likes Chase".

"And he likes her" Ilene added.

"Oh my gosh" Lauren gasped as a smile appeared on her face "They like each other!"