Ch.44 Haircut

(3 months ago in Storybrooke) One afternoon on a Sunday, Kendell Smith, also known as Sparrow Hood and his friends walked out of 'The Red Rose' bar and to the motorcycles that were parked out front.

"So where should we go now?" one of his friends asked as they got on their motorcycles.

"You guys go ahead and go wherever you want" Kendell said "I gotta get a haircut."

"Why do you need a haircut?" asked Reyna Quinn, also known as Duchess Swan, daughter of the Swan Queen.

"My mom wants me to get one" he said with a sigh.

"Well alright" Bridget smiled "We'll see you back at your place later."

"K" he said as he started his motorcycle and rode off.

Since the bar was away from town, Kendell had to drive down the road in the woods until he entered town. There he parked his motorcycle in front of the barber and hair salon and went in. Inside he saw a girl with long strawberry blonde hair that went down to her waist who was putting curlers in Hailee's hair. He knew her as Sabrina Johnson, and when she saw him, she had just finished putting the curlers in Hailee's hair.

"Okay let this sit for 15 minutes and I'll be back" she told Hailee as she went up to Kendell "Hey Kendell what can I help you with?"

"My mom wants me to get a trim" he said with a bored look.

"Well okay then" she smiled "Have a seat."

Kendell went to an empty seat and sat down.

"Let me just get-" Sabrina started to say when the phone rang "Oh man. Wait, Stella! I need you to work a customer!"

She then went to the phone and answered it. While she was on the phone, her twin sister Stella walked in. Even though they were twins, the sisters were pretty different, while Sabrina was more girly, Stella was more edgy with her pixie haircut that had purple side swept bangs along with a nose ring and a tattoo of the word 'Love' with scissors for the V on her wrist.

"Hey" she smiled at him.

"Hey" he said back.

"So what are you here for today?"

"I just need a trim."

"Alright" she said as she went behind him as they faced the mirror "Let's see."

She then started to run her hands through his hair.

"I could trim here" she said rubbed the side of his head "And maybe I could layer on top."

"Okay" Kendell said with a little smile as he felt a bit charmed by her.

"Or do you have a specific one you want me to do?"

"I can go with your way."

"You wanna go with that?" she asked.

"Sure."

"Okay" she smiled "Let me just get my scissors."

As she went away, Kendell felt that getting this haircut was a good idea.

The next day, Poppy was looking at herself in a mirror inside her locker as she spotted a piece of hair that was longer and uneven from her hair. So she pulled out a pair of small scissors that she always carried in her purse and cut the piece off. At that point Duchess Swan came up to her.

"Poppy" she said "Um, can you, help me with something?"

"Sure" Poppy said.

"Okay, so I need a new pair of dance shoes since my other ones are worn out, but the new ones are really expensive and I can't seem to afford them so can I... use some of your hair to get them?"

Being the daughter of Rapunzel, Holly's and Poppy's hair were extremely valuable, Poppy even has to trim her hair every morning due to it growing so fast and puts her hair in a bank.

"Well sure" Poppy smiled "Here" she handed her the piece of hair that she just got out.

"Oh thank goodness" Duchess sighed in relief as she took the hair and ran off without saying thank you.

Poppy wasn't surprised by Duchess's personality, being the daughter of the Swan Queen and having a tragic ending made her a bitter person. But Poppy just shrugged it off. But when she looked at the clock, she saw that her class was about the start!

"Oh God" she gasped as she started to run down the hall.

She passed through the crowd and down the stairs and down another hall. But as she continued to run, she wasn't watching where she was going when she suddenly bumped into someone knocking him down with her on top of him. When she looked at his face she saw it was Sparrow.

"Oh my God I am so sorry" she gasped as she got off of him.

"Well that was interesting" he said as he got up.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Sorry about that again, I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Don't sweat it, it's totally fine. But you seemed to be in a a hurry."

"Oh right" she gasped, remembering her class "I'm gonna be late."

"Well you better hurry princess" he smirked.

"Don't call me that" she smirked back.

"Well you technically are a princess."

"Yeah, but don't call me that."

"Alright, see you around princess" he smirked as he walked off.

Poppy gave a sigh as she headed off to class. But as she was walking, she couldn't stop thinking about what happened. She had actually talked to Sparrow, it was awkward, but she did it.

Sparrow on the other hand had walked into class and sat next to one of his band members.

"So how was it like to have Poppy on you?" he asked with a sneaky smile as Sparrow's eyes widen.

"You saw that?" he asked surprised.

"I saw everything."

"Well it was no big deal, except that I took one of her rings when she wasn't looking" he showed him a ring that he had taken off of Poppy's finger.

"Nice" his friend said amused.

"Now I have a nice treasure to keep" Sparrow smirked.

Soon class had started, but Sparrow wasn't paying attention as always, he was busy looking at Poppy's ring, thinking about what happened earlier. And the more he looked at it, the more he wanted to know about her.