Ch.7 Courtly's promise

Inside the diner, Alice went into the kitchen to chat with Mr. Cooper while everyone else stayed behind.

"Okay Courtly" Ilene said "What is it you wanted to tell us?"

"Okay look" Courtly said a guilty look "I admit that what I did was very, well, bad. And I feel terrible for what I did, and I want to apologize".

"You're apologizing?" Amanda said confused.

"Yeah" Courtly sighed "I never really wanted you guys dead, but the Jabberwock said that if I helped him, he'll-".

She hesitated.

"He'll what?" Brenden asked.

"He said that he'll get me a part in the Wonderland story".

"What?" everyone said.

"You know how there isn't a joker in 'Alice in Wonderland'?"

"Oh..." everyone said now realizing that truth.

"Wait a minute" Ilene said "Is that why you wanted my destiny? So you could be in our story?"

"Yeah" Courtly admitted "I really wanted yours cause your destiny sounded really cool with all the presents you get, the royal subjects, did I mention presents?"

"So you kept us hostage in Wonderland High, tried to steal my destiny and overthrow my mother, and you worked with the Jabberwock all because you wanted to be in our story?"

"I know I got a bit out of hand, but I'm a joker, chaos is what I do, well uh, did".

She then gave a sad sigh.

"I've learned my lesson" she said with guilt "I was punished for my crimes by doing chores around the Queen of Hearts castle, I had to clean the Men's room, I had to polish all of the knight's armors, I even had to clean up after the horses!"

"Ew" Amanda said with disgust.

"Look, I've been punished enough, but if you guys can give me a second chance, I'll be good, please? I promise I wont do anything against your wills and stuff like that, I just need a fresh start".

The Wonderlandians looked at each other, wondering what to do.

"You really mean it?" Christina asked.

"Yes" Courtly assured "Cross my heart".

The Wonderlandians looked at each other again, they could tell she really meant it.

"All right" Brenden said "We'll give you another chance".

"Thank you" Courtly smiled.

"But I swear" Ilene said with a stern look "If you pull another of your sick jokes again of us or on our friends, you'll be going back to Wonderland where you'll be facing my mother again".

"Don't worry" Courtly promised "It wont happen".

"And uh, about this you wanting to be in our story" Christina said "Why didn't you just tell us?"

"Because that's not what jokers do, we have our ways of telling things".

"Well you certainly did a splendid job" Amanda said sarcastically.

"Well I'm gonna try to become a better person".

"Well if you're planning on staring fresh" Christina said "You should probably go to our school, Storybrooke High".

"I will" Courtly smiled "Now uh, I was thinking of getting a new job, so is there like, any jobs that are available here?"

"Well uh" Lauren said "I work at this diner, and I could use some help".

"Oh that sounds nice, I could work here".

"All right then, I'll talk to my dad".

At that point, Alice and Mr. Cooper came out from the kitchen.

"So is everything okay?" Alice asked.

"Yeah" everyone said.

"Great" Alice smiled "Now uh, I was planning on exploring Storybrooke, does anyone wanna come with me?"

"I'll go" Brenden offered.

"Yeah we'll show you around" Ilene said.

"Well while you guys go, I'll get Courtly set up" Lauren said.

"K, we'll see you later then" Amanda said as they left the diner.

 But as they were heading out, Ilene accidentally bumped into an attractive guy with blonde hair as he spilled his coffee on the ground.

"Oh sorry" Ilene said, but when she realized who he is, her eyes widen, as so did his.

She knew him as Aidan Kenneth, who was really Daring Charming, son of King Charming and Terrence's brother. The two had a whole history thing together, Aidan had cheated on Olivia with Ilene when they were dating, and Ilene knew but she didn't care. And when Olivia found out, things did not go well when she dumped him in front of his football team, ending with him getting his heart broken twice when Ilene decided to end things too due to guilt. The two haven't really talked since then, especially since everyone kept bullying and harassing them on how bad they are and they should feel ashamed. They did feel ashamed, and they both promised to try to become better people. The bullying had decreased after time, but they never forgave themselves for what they did.

"Uh..." they stared at each other, not knowing what to say.

"Sorry about your coffee" Ilene finally spoke up.

"It's fine" Aidan said as he picked up his coffee cup and threw it in a trash can "Um... I think I should get going".

He then walked pass them with a nervous look.

"Yeah I think I'm gonna skip the tour" Ilene said with a sad look.

"What?" Amanda said.

"I just need to be alone for a while" Ilene said "I'll probably hang out later".

And with that she walked away with a sad look.

"Um, can someone explain to me what's going on?" Alice asked as Amanda explained the history of Ilene and Aidan "They slept together?"

"Yeah she's a bit of a slut" Amanda said.

"Amanda!" Christina gasped.

"But she is trying to become a better person" Brenden added "Although I don't think she'll ever forgive herself, cause she did feel really bad".

"Oh poor Lizzie" Alice said with a sad look "I hope she'll feel better".

"I think she just needs to be alone for a while" Brenden said "In the mean time, we can start the tour".

"All right".

They then started off, wondering if Ilene and Aidan will ever talk to each other again.