Ch.16 Tutoring

It was the night of Briar's party at the Red Shoes Dance Club, and everyone was having a great time dancing to the songs by Melody who was the DJ as always. Soon Hopper and Ginger entered with the punch and cupcakes.

"Where's Briar?" Hopper asked.

"There she is" Ginger saw Briar who was talking to her friends "Briar!"

Briar turned around and saw them.

"Hey guys" she said as she went up to them "What you got there?"

"We made some punch and cupcakes for the party" Ginger said.

"The punch was my idea" Hopper put in.

"Well thank you" Briar smiled "You can put them on the table".

So Hopper and Ginger went to the table and set down the punch and cupcakes.

"So what flavor is the punch?" Briar asked.

"I don't know" Ginger said "We never tried it".

"Because it's a special punch" Hopper added.

"Special?" Briar said.

"I'll explain later" Ginger said "But don't let everyone drink the punch until the time is right".

"Okay, I'll let everyone drink it in an hour" Briar said.

"All right, let me just cover the punch".

She then covered the punch in plastic wrap and put a sign that read 'Do not drink until Briar says so' on top of it.

"All right then" Briar said "In the meantime, you two enjoy the party".

As she left, Hopper and Ginger looked around, wondering what to do now.

"So uh, now what?" Hopper asked.

"I don't know" Ginger said.

"All right everyone" Melody said into the microphone "Now here's a new remix of mine that I'm excited to share, let's hear some noise!"

Everyone cheered as she started to play her new song. At that time Faybelle flew in, she looked around and saw that no one was drinking the punch. She then spotted the punch on the table, she flew to it and saw that it was covered and with the sign 'Do not drink until Briar says so' on it.

"What the?" she said confused.

She then pushed her way through the crowd in search for Briar, she was finally able to spot her talking to her friends. So she made her way pass the crowd and to her.

"Hey Briar can I talk to you for a moment?" she grabbed her arm and pulled her away before she could say anything.

"What do you want?" Briar asked.

"How come no one is drinking the punch Ginger made?" Faybelle asked.

"Because she told me I had to wait for the right time to do so since it's a special punch".

"Well when will that be?"

"In about an hour".

"An hour?" Faybelle said surprised.

"Sorry, you'll have to wait".

And with that she went back to her friends.

"I can't wait an hour" Faybelle whined "I wanna see the fun now".

Now at the 'Wonder diner', Elena waited for Taylor to show up, but it was taking a while for her to come. But just when she thought she wasn't coming, Mira entered the diner.

"Hey" she said "Sorry I was a bit late, I had some business to take care of".

"That's fine" Elena said "Now that you're here, we can finally get started".

She then pulled out her notes and homework.

"So the main thing I'm having trouble with is-".

"Hold on" Mira stopped her "I need to tell you something. So I was talking to Headmaster Grimm today-".

"Mr. Gram?" Elena cut in.

"Yeah sure whatever you guys call him".

"How do you know him? Were you a student from Ever After High?"

"You can say that".

"So who are you the daughter of?"

"Oh um, I'm just a backgrounder".

"Oh. Well I knew you must of been a fairytale character, but I didn't think you'd be a backgrounder".

"Well I am. So anyway, I was talking to Headmaster Grimm today, and he wanted me to give you this".

She reached into her purse and gripped the wand, but before she could give it to Elena, she used her powers to make the name in the handle disappear.

"Here" she showed the wand "It was suppose to be your Thronecoming gift from your, wicked cool mom".

"Wicked cool?" Elena doubted "More like wicked irritating".

Mira gave a fake smile as she held back her offended look.

"So anyway" she said "I don't know why Grimm didn't give you this after you found out his little plan, so here you go".

Elena took the wand and examined it.

"It is a beautiful wand" she admitted.

"Isn't it?" Mira agreed with a smile.

"But I don't think I'm gonna use it".

Mira gave a dumbfound look.

"But uh" she said "It's from your mother, and I think it would make her pleased if you used it".

"Nah" Elena said as she handed her back the wand "I don't need it, you can give it back to Headmaster Grimm".

"Okay" Mira said with a fake smile, knowing that now she needed to go with plan B, but she can't seem to find a way how to do so.

After tutoring was over, as Elena was getting ready to go, an idea popped in Mira's head.

"You know what?" she said said Elena "Since you did a really good job today, why don't I get you a drink?"

"Oh you don't have to do that" Elena said.

"No please" Mira smiled "My treat".

"Well, okay then" Elena smiled.

"Great, so what would you like?"

"I'm in the mood for some raspberry tea".

"Coming right up, you can wait for me outside".

As Elena waited outside, Mira ordered the tea. When Lauren gave her the Styrofoam cup of tea, Mira made sure no one was looking as she quickly poured the potion into it. She then went outside and handed the cup to Elena.

"Here you go" she said.

"Thanks" Elena smiled as she took the cup.

"Well I should be going now, if you ever need any, don't be afraid to tell me".

"I will, well goodnight".

"Goodnight".

As Mira watched Elena walk away, an evil smile spread across her face, knowing that once Elena takes a sip of the tea, she'll be begging for the wand.