Chapter 40: Sweet Ending To New Beginnings

"Hey Soundwave you want to show me how to use this monitor?" Bumblebee waved his younger cousin over.

Soundwave approached with his usual slow steady pace and examined the offline monitor. "You have it switched off." Soundwave wirelessly swithed on the monitor.

"Oh ok thank you." Bumblebee chuckled.

Soundwave nodded pivoting to turning leave before Bumblebee called once more.

"Hey Wave no hard feelings between us right? I'm sorry I offlined your creator." Bumblebee appologized.

"He's alive functional and has changed for the better that's all that matters." Soundwave turned to his cousin. "There's a lot of things we need to appologize for. Appologies come in many ways. Some feel the need to appologize silently but with action. Others feel the need to verbally explain themselves. Others can't move on in their life without appologizing for every single thing we did wrong in life. Where do you find the time to move on then? By the time you've finished appologizing you'll have to appologize for appologizing." Soundwave exhaled. "So what I mean to say is. I'm sorry for everything I've done to you and the Autobot's, and anything else if it comes up." Soundwave sighed.

"You've sure got a lot knowledg for someone so young." Bumblebee smiled.

"Could say the same for you." Soundwave replied as Megatron and Optimus entered the bridge.

"Alright you!" Megatron scooped Soundwave up. Soundwave giggle giving tiny little kicks out as he was playfully lifted on his creators helm.

Optimus smiled as he stood next to his own youngling. "He's got that adorable little giggle that Arcee's going to coo over." Bumblebee scoffed rolling his optics.

"I remember when you were like that not to long ago." Optimus commented.

"Yeah but I was little then." Bumblebee rolled his optics.

"Yeah I miss that little Bumblebee where did he go?" Optimus teased.

"He grew up and gave the position to the next candidate" Bumblebee sighed playfully gesturing to Soundwave.

"I suppose you are correct youngling." Optimus smiled as Megatron chased Soundwave out of the room.

"Ok Soundwav besides chase what do you like to do. I'm not built for chasing." Megatron huffed after doing four laps around the ship.

"We can fill the hallways full of bubbles!" Soundwave suggested.

"No no more Bubblewave! I like your imagination but I think Bubblewave needs to retire." Megatron rolled his optics.

"Hmmm I don't know then." Soundwave shrugged.

"Besides bubbles what is your idea of fun?" Megatron sighed.

Soundwave didn't really have any particular idea of how fun was supposed to happen as he was as new to this just as his father was. "Usually you just make fun on the way." Soundwave shrugged.

"Oh I know!" Megatron headed towards his room Soundwave followed until he was stopped at the door. "Wait here." Megatron stopped his youngling. The next thing Soundwave knew was a red ball flying at him. Soundwave caught the tiny ball gazing at the familiar object as Megatron stepped out.

"I thought I lost this!" Soundwave looked up at the gunmetal mech. "Last time I saw it Starscream took it from me and threw it off the ship." Soundwave frowned.

"Yeah I was down in the battlefiel and I found it laying in a pool of energon." Megatron explained.

"Lovely." Soundwave held the ball out.

"No it was a lake of energon we had control over." Megatron reassured.

"Ok why'd you get it?" Soundwave questioned.

"Because I knew it was your favourite toy." Megatron replied.

"It was my only toy why didn't you give it back to me until just now?" Soundwave scoffed.

"Well at the time I restricted all play from you and anything sparkling like. And now I regret it because you have no idea on how to have fun." Megatron sighed.

"I could research how to have fun." Soundwave suggested.

"No don't search anything! You don't have to do that anymore." Megatron waved his servos.

"Oh! Sorry..." Soundwave jumped.

"Don't apologize either." the gunmetal mech mentioned.

Soundwave sighed gazing to floor. "Perhaps we shouldn't force this." Megatron quirked an optic ridge.

"This will come natrual to us eventually. Forcing a bond just seems impossible and awkward since both of us don't fully understand." Soundwave continued.

"How is it that you are my youngling. Yet you come up with the most logical answers?" the warlord shook his helm.

"I'm super smart?" Soundwave shrugged innocently.

"Well here's to our new beginning." Megatrong smiled hugging his son voluntarily.