Chapter 22: Worst to oddest

"What did I ever do wrong to him!" Soundwave slamed himself into the canyon wall. "Oh I want to create a bond, I'm going to pretend to be nice one moment, and hate you the next!" Soundwave slid down the wall. Sitting against the wall he stared up at the falling sun. The brightness naturally causing him to close his optics to the bright light. The warmth from the giant star, calming his systems. Making him oblivious to his surroundings.

"Optimus did you find the energy signature?" Ratchet's voice came over the comlink of a red and blue mech. "I'm approaching the energy signature now Ratchet" Optimus Prime replied, rounding the corner. To his surprise he saw the Decepticons surveillance chief sitting in the dirt against the canyon wall. "Soundwave!" Optimus gasped. putting the youngling at gunpoint, abruptly waking Soundwave out of his relaxed trance. Soundwave visibly jumped, scrambling to sit up straight, as a cannon charged aimed at his chest. Fear completely flooded him. Frozen in fear he stared up at the prime, with the sun gleaming off his visor.

Optimus's next action surprised the youngling. Optimus lowered his cannon. He could feel the youngling below him was completely stressed with fear, and misery. Something was wrong. Why was Soundwave out of the Nemesis, Why was he struck with fear. Optimus knew Megatron was strict when it came to Soundwave leaving the Nemesis. Regardless of weather Soundwave knew he was Megatron's son or not. "Optimus, Soundwave what!?" Ratchet Called out. "I'm fine old friend" Optimus replied. Optimus then kindly, held out a servo, offering Soundwave help up. Soundwave stared up at him in awe. Was the prime that stupid as to help the most loyal Decepticon up?

Soundwave did not take the helping servo. He did not rudely push the servo away. The youngling simply pushed himself up back onto his peds. "What relic does Megatron have you looking for now?" Optimus questioned almost jokingly. Soundwave scowled from behind his visor. And grumpily turned away from the prime, at hearing his fathers name. "Megatron must have sent you out" Optimus continued his calm speech, with the youngling. "I know he is not one to let you out of his site youngling" Optimus continued to speak. Only angering Soundwave more, everytime he spoke Megatron's name. Soundwave now vibrated with anger. *Shut up, just shut up!* Soundwave hissed through his bond to the prime. whirling around to face the prime. *Stop saying that stupid fraggers name!* Soundwave growled. Optimus drew his helm back in shock, at the rage emitting from the younglings bond.

"Soundwave Bumblebee is older then you, and he dosen't swear like that" Optimus gasped. Soundwave rolled his optics from behind his mask, and sighed. "You are the most loyal servant to Megatron" Optimus smiled. "Why the sudden hate for him?" Optimus scoffed. *None of your business prime...* Soundwave hissed, turning away again. "You sound just like your father" Optimus chuckled. "And you are my nephew, it is my business" Optimus finally replied, to the younglings angered reply. *But you're an Autobot, and I'm a Decepticon* Soundwave replied, watching Optimus curiously. "When it comes to a family member that's troubled, or in need of someone to help, factions do not matter" Optimus smiled to Soundwave. *Tsk... that rule must only go for you, Megatron would never say that* Soundwave scoffed. "Well what has Megatron done to make you this furious?" Optimus questioned, kneeling down to Soundwave's level.

*I may have snuck out and went for a flight, without his permission* Soundwave dropped his helm. "Primus you didn't..." Optimus sighed. *I brought him Shockwave, he decided to throw me in the lab with him, for a punishment* Soundwave continued. *I created giant bubbles by accident in his lab* Optimus listened in dissbelief. He never imagined Soundwave to actually act like a youngling. *Megatron got super angry, and threw me in my room, screamed at me and locked me in!* Soundwave sighed. *When he told me I was his son, it was awkward, at first, then fun he actually made an effort to play with me* "Well that's good, isn't it?" Optimus shrugged. *Yeah, that quickly declined, now he hates me* Soundwave scowled. *He disowned me, said I wasn't his son* Soundwave cried internally. "What!?" Optimus gasped angrily. *He said he must have made a mistake, he said I must be another one of your sons* Soundwave sobbed. Finishing his explination, he watched Optimus's expresion. The prime was completely disgusted. "How could he say that to his own son!" Optimus shook his helm. "I wouldn't dream of ever saying tha..." Optimus quickly shook off his disgust. And went back to comforting his nephew.