Chapter 34: Helping Uncle Shockwave

The next day, was set out as a hunt for predacon bones. The Insecticons were the first to fail to retrieve the first found bone. Shockwave took it upon himself to go with the next soldiers, to increase chances of retriving such relics. Meanwhile everyone was busy, with project predacon. Soundwave was bored out of his processor. He was currently piloting the ship, falling asleep at the wheel. The ship soon started to dip into a nose dive, from lack of control, thanks to Soundwave being in his boredom coma. The sudden change of gravity woke Soundwave's sensors. *Oh scrap oh scrap oh scrap!* Soundwave quickly corrected the ships course, causing the ship to dip as if it had gone over a huge wave, in the ocean. "Soundwave!" Megatron's angered voice came on quicker then Soundwave had expected. *We hit a wave!* Soundwave quickly ended the call. The next thing Soundwave heard was the doors swishing open. "We are not on that kind of ship!" Megatron growled. "I was avoiding a flying fish?" Soundwave tilted his helm innocently. Megatron just shot his youngling a glare that said "really?" Megatron rolled his optics. "I'm bored, can't I do something else?" Soundwave whined. "Yes actually you can" Megatron sighed. "Really!?" Soundwave excitedly replied. "Yes. Since you seemed to prove yourself at fighting skills against me." Megatron started. "Shockwave seems to be in peril, by Optimus prime and a of course his scout and new idiot" Megatron scoffed. "You want me to go help him?" Soundwave questined. "More of a rescue, rather than help. Shockwave seems to have gone a little over his head" Megatron shook his helm. "Ok I'm on it!" Soundwave was ready to set a bridge. "Oh and do make sure you focus on Prime. He is the biggest threat. Shockwave can handle a couple of lap dogs" Megatron informed. "Um... Of course I will." Soundwave nodded uneasily. "That's a good youngling" Megatron patted Soundwave's helm, as he walked past to leave. Soundwave sighed, making a bridge. He was not looking forward to battling his Uncle.

Soundwave transformed and quickly flew through the bridge. Leaving it open for Shockwave to run through, Soundwave fired distracting the scout and warrior, for a few brief seconds. Before engaging Optimus Prime. Soundwave fired at Optimus keeping the prime in pursuit. Hopping Shockwave would hurry up and retrive the relic. But the two soldiers seemed to be distracting Shockwave from his task. Soundwave did a quick scan of Optimus, and noticed that he was starting to get irritated by him. Soundwave quickly made a back up plan, deploying Laserbeak, if Optimus decided to suddenly fire back at him. And Optimus did exactly as Soundwave had predicted. "Enough!" Optimus growled, Using his shiney new turret, he fired mutiple shots at Soundwave. A couple bullets managed to hit Soundwave's right wing, with enough force to throw him off balance. Optimus continued to fire only for a few more seconds, as Lazerbeak went on the attack. Laserbeak managed to hit Optimus with a bullet, and attach to his get back, zapping Optimus with short circuiting electricity. Stalling the jetpacks functions, Prime came crashing into the bridge supports and into the ravine. Soundwave was struggling to fly with his injury, and quickly landed on the ground. Running to the cliffs edge Soundwave looked into the ravine to make sure that Optimus was down. Seeing the prime pathetically crawling was a good enough answer. *Good, now come on Shockwave!* Soundwave turned to watch Shockwave continue to battle against the two. Shockwave was ready to terminate his cousin when Smokescreen interrupted. Shockwave quickly tossed him aside, and was going for the finale blow, when Smokscreen used the phase shifter to swiftly dodge the hit. Smokescreen took a hold of the relic and pulled, trying to yank it out of the scientists claws. Bumblebee soon joined in the game of tug of war. Soundwave face palmed, they looked like sparkling fighting over a toy. But then the bone snapped and a piece of it flew off the bridge and was heading down to the prime. Optimus's jetpack came back online, and he charged into the sky after the relic. *Scrap!* Soundwave silently gasped. "Megatron prepare to recieve the relic via bridge from above" Soundwave commed. Soundwave quickly calculated the velocity of the relic, and quickly fired the bridge in the correct spot, directly above the prime. Crushing the primes victory into the ground. Shockwave couldn't have been more proud of the youngling. "We have all that we need" Shockwave turned to Soundwave on the cliff. Soundwave reattached and quickly transformed flying his over to the still open bridge. Although his injury was no longer smoking, the air hitting it stung. His cousin and Smokescreen pathetically fired at Soundwave in defeat, as both he and Shockwave disappeared through the bridge, that suddenly closed.