Chapter 37: Fading sparks

Before the old medic fully awakened. Megatron had the soldiers take the Autobot to Shockwave's laboratory, straping him to a table. "What do you want from me?" Ratchet awoke to the sound of heavy peds. "Your assistance actually, to help complete a little science project" Megatron grinned. "I will never cooperate" Ratchet protested. "Shockwave does not require, your cooperation. To siphon your knowledge, doctor" Megatron growled his reply. As Shockwave attatched an electric charged cable to the medic. "Soundwave you just shut yourself down? That's not much of a noble act, more cowardly then anything else" Starscream scoffed. /Look at who the hell is talking/ Soundwave folded his arms, turning to the seeker, standing beside him. "Not you. you've never spoken a word to me" Starscream snorted as if being insulted at the fact, Soundwave has never spoken to him. /Alright you want me to talk?/ Soundwave unfolded his arms. Starscream turned his full attention to the youngling and grinned. "Observation: Second in command Starscream: grows more moronic and insubordinate, each day. Soundwave: Superior, to idoitic delinquent." Soundwave spoke to the seeker for the first time. "You little!" Starscream was interrupted by the door suddenly opening. "You two better not be bickering again" Megatron rolled his optics. Starscream and Soundwave followed their leader down the hall. "Of course not master. Soundwave was simply whining because you were taking to long" Starscream lied. "I was only in there for a few moments Soundwave, you missed me that badly?" Megatron crooned looking at Soundwave. Soundwave nodded and hugged the warlord, blipping an emoticon sticking it's tongue out at the seeker. Starscream dropped his jaw, and scowled. "Stupid youngling can't do any wrong" Starscream grumbled.

A few hours later with no results from the cortical psychic patch. Megatron lead the way to the prison cell, where the old medic was being held. "Are you through poking around in my head? You didn't find what you want did you? Or else you wouldn't be here" Ratchet greeted coldly. "What I want. Apparently does not yet exist." Megatron replied. "And that would be?" Ratchet raised an optic ridge at the warlord. "We would very much like for you to continue your work. On the formula for synthetic energon" Megatron answered the medics question. "Even if I were capable. Do you think I would hand you an unlimited amount of fuel and ammunition, just so you can turn it around and use it against the Autobots?" The old medic scoffed, turning away. "Oh you misunderstand dearest Ratchet. I intend to use the formula for creation. Not destruction..." Megatron glared evilly. Ratchet turned to the gunmetal mech. "We have discovered that when Synthetic energon is mixed with Cyber Nuclic Acid. Creates cyber matter" Megatron continued. "You are attempting to rebuild the Omega Lock" Ratchet stared greatly astonished. "We stand on the verge of a great moment in time you and I. The restoration of our very home world" Megatron finished with a grin. "Collaborate with the barbarian who destroyed our planet in the first place? Who statistically crushed Bumblebee's voice box, while looking him straight in the eye! No thank you" Ratchet denied the warlord. Megatron slightly gazed over his shoulder to Soundwave. "Then I present you with a choice." Megatron scowled. "Complete your research" Starscream deviously crossed his arms, at Megatron's words. "Or..." Megatron raised his arm to Soundwave, who stepped forward. "You're not going to intimidate me with your youngling Megatron" Ratchet scoffed taking a step back. "I don't have to it seems he already does" Megatron chuckled at the ridiculous words from the medic. Soundwave stepped closer to the medic and bliped on a photo of the childeren. "Humans always the weak link" Starscream coldly laughed in the corner. "Are these humans. Supposed to mean something to me?" Ratchet attempted to lie. "If not. I'm certain this will" Megatron nudged Soundwave to put bring up the next threat. Soundwave transitioned from the childeren onto the base. "As you must certainly be aware. We know the location of your current base. Soundwave zoomed into the base. "Except my offer. And I will allow your fellow Autobots, and human pets. Too remain unharmed." Megatron threatened. "Think it over, good doctor" Megatron turned, leaving, while Starscream patiently waited for Soundwave. "Soundwave you are the creatioin of balance. You must stop this from happening. Don't cyber form Earth. End this pathetic war. By just restoring our planet. And putting an end to your fathers chaos" Ratchet whispered to the youngling standing before him. While Starscream obsereved curiously in the distance. "Please Soundwave, do it before somebody close to you loses their life" Ratchet begged. "Lord Megatron, the doctor seems very interested in Soundwave. And seems to be begging him to do something" Starscream quietly spoke through his comlink. "What would the medic possibly want with him?" Megatron turned around before the exit. "Doctor, I see you are taking an interest in my youngling. Why is that?" Megatron approached the two. "Your youngling happens to be the very creation from Pri..." Soundwave raised his arm infront of the medic stopping the medic from speech. *Lets just go* Soundwave looked up at the warlord. "We discovered something about your youngling, that you have never even thought to explore. There's a reason his optics are coloured so uniquely!" Ratchet announced, as Megatron and Soundwave began to leave. Megatron stopped in his tracks and Soundwave attempted to speed walk past him, only to have Megatron grab his shoulder, and stop him. "Pah, Soundwave has no face" Starscream scoffed. "Shut up Starscream!" Megatron hissed, turning to Soundwave. Starscream went silent and walked over to the two. "What is he talking about Soundwave?" Megatron glared at his youngling. *Nothing he's crazy and old* Soundwave shook Megatron's servo off of him. "Soundwave you and I both know you have unique optics. I always thought it was because your mother had blue optics I used to then had red. But I would now like to get another opinion" Megatron looked at the medic. "Soundwave if you please take your mask off I can explain each colour to your father" Ratchet approached. *Not a chance old timer* Soundwave shook his helm no. Starscream was confused Soundwave had a face, and hid it from everyone, this must have been the reason why. *He's stalling so he dosen't have to choose* Soundwave looked up at Megatron again. "Nice try doctor. But those choices I gave you, have a time limit. And therfore the more time you waste stalling with me the closer your teamates meet their firey death" Megatron smirked leaving with his seeker and spy. "I'm telling the truth, Soundwave is a creation of Primus!" Ratchet yelled as the doors shut. *He will say anything to stall* Soundwave shook his helm. "Mhmm" Megatron warily examined Soundwave. "My liege. You aren't really going to allow the Autobots to remain operational?" Starscream changed the subject. "Of course not. Assemble your armada Starscream. And decimate their base once again" Megatron ordered.