Chapter 41: Wouldn't Change A Thing

Chapter 41

The Ryder house was oddly silent as I walked up the stairs.

Wesley texted me an oddly short message about fifteen minutes ago.

*Come over. Need you.*

Michael had let me in when I got here but left quickly.

"Careful, it's a war zone in here." He'd told me as he jogged out to the jeep.

But the house was dead silent on the first floor.

Considering that all of the Ryders were home, I figured it would get pretty chaotic.

I glanced into the kitchen and saw Alex and James, the oldest two, sitting at the table.

"Where is everyone?" I asked curiously, frowning at how silent they were being.

"Justin and Michael went to Dunham's." Alex replied, glancing up at me.

"Yeah I saw them leave, where's everyone else?" I laughed.

"Uh, I think Henry took the girls to the mall for something." James frowned.

"Yeah and then dad and Jane are in the living room." Alex replied.

"Goodness, I don't care about them. Where's everyone else?" I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Upstairs probably? I dunno I'm staying clear of all of the yelling."

"Yelling?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah, Marley and Mark were ready to kill each other. I'm surprised there hasn't been a casualty yet." James laughed before looking back at the laptop that he and Alex were on.

I sighed. This family was dysfunctional as hell.

I took the stairs two at a time as I went upstairs to find Wesley.

Just as I turned the corner, Marley's door flung open and Logan stormed out.

"Whoa, chill." I laughed. "Trouble in paradise?"

"Fuck off, Grace." Logan hissed, grabbing the edge of the bannister as he went to walk down the stairs.

"Whoa! Whatever your girlfriend did to you, don't take it out on me!" I yelled after him.

"We broke up!" Logan yelled, leaving the house with a dramatic slam of the door.

My eyes widened slightly.

I instantly walked towards Marley's room, nervously pushing open her door.

"Get out!" She yelled, pulling her suitcase out of her closet.

"Marley?" I asked softly.

"I said get out!" Marley yelled. Her face was stained with tears as she started yanking clothes out of her closet and dumping them into the suitcase.

"Going somewhere?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Grace get out." Marley said seriously. "Just go."

I sighed, backing out of her room.

Pushing my hair back from my face, I walked across the hall to Wesley's room.

He was laying in the middle of his floor with headphones in and his arms resting over his eyes.

I let out a laugh as I pulled out his headphones and Wesley jumped with a start.

"Why did I walk into a supposed war zone that was dead silent?" I raised my eyebrows.