Chapter 7: Homecoming?

Chapter 7

"Boo." Someone said behind me, wrapping their arms around my waist.

I gasped, jumping slightly.

"Wesley." I laughed, turning around to face him.

"Good morning." He smiled, stepping back from me.

"What's got you so happy?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh just this super cute girl who looks absolutely gorgeous today." Wesley smiled, his eyes meeting mine.

"Alright you're being weird." I laughed, shaking my head. "What do you want?" I laughed, turning back to my locker.

"Nothing in particular." Wesley shrugged. "I've just got a question."

"Okay... What is your question?" I gave him a weird look, starting to put in my locker combination.

"You'll see." Wesley smiled, leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Okay you're seriously being weird." I laughed, shaking my head as I unlocked the lock.

Wesley just smiled even bigger as I opened up my locker.

I gasped. "What the hell?" I laughed, looking at the twinkly lights that I definitely did not put in there.

"Read it." Wesley said excitedly, pointing to the piece of paper taped up to the inside of my locker door.

'Grace, light up my world at homecoming?'

I let out a laugh, turning to face Wesley.

"You broke into my locker?" I asked in amusement.

"That's not an answer." Wesley laughed.

"Well yes I'll go with you." I laughed.

"Wonderful." Wesley grinned, stepping forwards to kiss me.

"You broke into my locker?" I repeated with a laugh once he'd stepped back.

"Sort of? I texted your friend Molly and asked her for your locker combination." Wesley laughed.

"I'm sure she died when she got a text from a Ryder." I laughed, shaking my head as I pulled out the books that I'd need for my morning classes. "When did you ask her this?" I asked curiously.

"I set it up this morning, but I asked her about it on Saturday." Wesley replied.

"Dang, and she kept it from me all this time?" I laughed. "She's the worst at keeping secrets."

"This was her idea actually. I texted her to find out what your favorite candy was, but she warned me that giving you candy was lame and she suggested this." Wesley laughed. "I think she guessed what I was going to do."

"Well it's cute, I like it." I smiled. "And the twinkly lights really go well with my locker." I laughed.

"Good." Wesley smiled.

"I have a problem." Mark Ryder said suddenly, walking up to Wesley. "I need your help."

"With what?" Wesley laughed.

"Sorry Grace." Mark said quickly to me before pulling Wesley away with him.

I sighed, shutting my locker.

But as I walked away, I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

~*~*~

On my way to lunch, I made a quick detour to the girls bathroom, thanks to the two bottles of water I'd consumed out of boredom during English.