Chapter 25: Happy New Year

Chapter 25

I looked up from my phone in shock as Marley let out a scream of frustration.

"What the hell was that?" Nicole asked in shock, looking up from doing her eye makeup.

"My hair!" Marley exclaimed.

"Is there something wrong with it?" I asked, nervously getting up to walk into her bathroom.

"No! It's just so long." Marley whined. "And I'm sweating just trying to straighten it all!"

"So cut it off." Nicole suggested, resuming her careful attempt at winged eyeliner.

Marley looked as if that was the worst thing that could ever happen.

"Never in a million years." Marley grimaced. "Pigs will fly before I cut these beautiful locks."

"Then don't complain." I laughed, walking back out of her bathroom.

"Grace do me a favor and see if the guys are getting ready or just goofing off!" Marley called after me. "We have people arriving in thirty minutes, we need to get everything ready!"

"Just worry about finishing your hair, I'll go get the guys on track." I laughed as I headed towards Wesley's room.

Just as Marley assumed, he was laying on his couch with Mark, both of them still in their pajamas from the day, playing a game of FIFA.

I was about to announce my presence but froze when I heard my name.

"So Grace chickened out?" Mark asked with a slight laugh.

My stomach sunk.

Were they talking about what it sounded like?

"She didn't chicken out." Wesley sighed. "We both decided it wasn't the right time."

"Bullshit." Mark laughed. "It's just sex."

"Mark." Wesley gave him a look. "HA!" He suddenly exclaimed as he scored.

Mark just rolled his eyes.

"It's not 'just sex'." Wesley resumed the conversation. "It means something to her and I'm going to respect that."

"So how far did you guys get before she stopped you?" Mark asked curiously. "Like based on what she acts like around here I doubt you even got her shirt off."

"Do not be disrespectful." Wesley said seriously, glancing at his brother. "That's my girl you're talking about."

"Whatever." Mark sighed.

"And for your information I did get her shirt off." Wesley muttered, resting his feet up on the coffee table.

"No shit, that's as far as she went?" Mark asked with a laugh. "I'm impressed."

"We went all the way." Wesley replied, his face turning slightly red. "But I shouldn't have taken it that far to begin with, she wasn't ready."

Mark paused the game and turned to look at his brother with a shockingly serious look on his face.

"Okay, now you need to explain and I promise I'll drop the shitty attitude and listen." Mark said quietly.

I'd never seen him so caring for one of his siblings but he looked seriously concerned for Wesley.

"Like everything was going great, I mean she was nervous but so was I, I mean I haven't had any action since Danielle and then there's my beautiful girlfriend completely naked like of course I'm a little bit worked up. But I got too focused on getting to the actual sex part that I kind of forgot to make sure she was doing okay because you know before I met her she didn't even go out on dates with guys because of her social anxiety." Wesley sighed, running a hand through his hair. "And I was in for maybe five seconds before she started having an anxiety attack."