Chapter 23: Getting Ready

Chapter 23

I woke up with a pit in my stomach but a smile on my face.

Today was the day.

Today, I would sleep with Wesley Ryder.

"Grace!" I heard my mom call, the source of what woke me up.

"Yeah?" I asked, surprisingly awake for the morning on a Saturday.

"Your dad and I are leaving now!" Mom called.

With a frown, I glanced at the clock. Guess it wasn't the morning on a Saturday... It was two in the afternoon on a Saturday. Damn I slept late.

"One sec!" I called back, jumping out of bed.

I jogged downstairs to the kitchen where they were standing with their small suitcases.

"Tell Nana and Papa I said hi." I smiled, giving my mom a hug.

My parents were going to see my mom's parents and I was allowed to stay home alone for the weekend.

"Of course... I really wish you would come." My mom sighed, kissing my cheek.

"Mom, we've been over this. I've been away from home for way too long in the past two weeks. I need time to decompress alone." I laughed.

"Well we'll be home tomorrow night, okay?" My mom said, giving me a smile as she walked towards the back door.

"Alright, have fun." I smiled, giving my dad a hug too.

"You too, kid." My dad hugged me back. "Now, this isn't going to be like last time. I don't want a ton of Ryders over taking my house."

"Don't worry dad, I'll probably just have one over." I laughed, purposely not specifying.

"Good, you can have Nicole over too for a slumber party tonight." My dad nodded, thinking that 'one' of the Ryders that I was referring to was Marley.

"Absolutely." I nodded, a smile crossing my face as the finally left the house.

I stood in the kitchen until their car pulled out of the driveway, then I turned around and sprinted upstairs to my room.

I flopped on my bed on my stomach and reached for my phone with a smile.

I had a text from Wesley from two hours ago.

Morning cutie ;) Still on for tonight?

I grinned, my heart pounding in my chest as I typed a reply.

Of course! 7 o'clock. Be here or be lame :p

I tossed my phone on the bed before grabbing a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt from my closet.

I headed to the bathroom and turned on the water as I peeled off my pajamas.

I had five hours to get ready for tonight.

It was gonna rock.

Throughout my obsessive and detailed day of getting ready, I jammed out to my playlist consisting of songs I loved this past summer.

I went through a 'punk rock' phase, and compiled a 60 song playlist of songs by Bowling for Soup, Linkin Park, Yellowcard, Blink 182, and bands of that sort.

It was always my pump up playlist, something that I listened to when I needed to get myself ready for something.

By 5:45, I was sitting on my bed moisturizing my legs and watching old 'Friends' episodes. I was wearing spandex and a loose flannel. My hair was dried straight, pulled back in a loose ponytail.