Chapter 34: Accidents and False Starts

Chapter 34

"Hurry up!" Wesley called as I checked the water temperature.

"Would you calm down I'm almost in!" I called with a laugh, stepping into the shower. "I'll be like ten minutes, tops!"

I heard Wesley let out a groan as I pulled the shower curtain shut.

I let the water hit my front first, then slowly turned around to get my hair wet too.

But as the hot water hit my back and the back of my arms, everything started stinging.

I winced, turning down the water temperature a little bit, but it didn't help much.

I quickly washed my hair and body, barely rinsing out the conditioner completely as I tried to rush out of the shower.

I had absolutely no idea why my back was stinging and I couldn't see.

I twisted my hair up in a bun instantly, not wanting to have to deal with it right now.

I grabbed a clean towel from the counter and wrapped it around my body, knowing that the soft cotton would give my back some relief.

But it did nothing to help.

I let out a whimper pulling the towel away from my back.

"Grace?" Wesley called, his voice right outside of the door. "You alright?"

"Y-yea." I managed as I dried off my legs.

"You sound like you're crying." Wesley said carefully.

"I'm not." I replied, pulling my underwear up my legs.

"Grace..." Wesley sighed.

"Can you, can you come in here for a moment?" I asked, holding the towel against my chest where it wasn't stinging.

"What's going on?" Wesley frowned, pushing open the door.

"My back hurts like a bitch." I replied, turning around.

Wesley gasped.
"Holy shit that girl clawed you good." Wesley whispered. "You have a scratch on the back of your arm and diagonally across your back."

I let out a groan.

"It really fricken hurts." I mumbled, trying to see it in the mirror.

"Here, let me put some Neosporin on it." Wesley said, grabbing his towel from the back of the door.

"Ew gross no you never wash that thing do not touch me with it." I said instantly, stepping away from him.

Wesley let out a laugh before replacing it.

I handed him my clean towel and folded my hands in front of my chest as I turned around.

"You know turning around does nothing, I can see you in the mirror." Wesley laughed as he gently dried my back.

"I'm turning around so you can get to my back, dumb ass." I giggled, my eyes meeting his in the mirror.

Wesley winked at me before pulling some Neosporin out of one of the drawers.

"Don't hurt me." I sighed, resting my elbows on the edge of the counter.

Wesley stepped back from me, his eyes widening slightly.

"What?" I whined, looking at him in the shower.

"You are really hot." Wesley whispered, trailing his finger across the waistband of my underwear.