Chapter 39: Game Day

Chapter 39

"It's game day." Was the first that I heard when I woke up.

Marley was literally sitting on top of me, a massive smile spread across her face.

"Uh good morning?" I laughed, raising my eyebrows at her.

"It's game day." Marley repeated, holding up her arms excitedly.

"Where's Wesley?" I sighed, glancing over to his side of the bed.

"Uh we all just got back from finals, we let you sleep in, and Wesley is in Mark's room." Marley said happily. "But come on, you've got to eat breakfast so we can get to the field on time."

The smile grew on my face when I realized what this meant.

"Exactly." Marley grinned before getting off of me. "Come on! Get up we're eating! Jane made a big breakfast for everyone."

"Can I at least get dressed?"

"No your pajamas are fine." Marley laughed, walking towards the door.

I sighed, but got up anyways and followed her downstairs.

Everyone else was already at the table.

"Grace!" Michael said excitedly as I sat down next to him. "On a scale of one to ten how excited are you for today?"

"Ten thousand." I replied with a laugh, my eyes meeting Wesley's across the table.

He winked at me and I felt the smile grow on my face.

'I love you' I mouthed.

'I love you more' Wesley countered with a wink.

"So!" Jane said happily, grinning around at the table. "Who's excited?"

"Me!" Marley said instantly, glancing at me.

"And me." I laughed, my eyes still on Wesley.

"So how are we driving to the game?" Michael asked, looking around the table.

"I'll drive the Jeep with Wesley, Marley, and Grace." Mark suggested. "And then everyone else goes in the SUV with you?"

Henry looked around the room, counting. 

"Uh... Well that would be a tight fit." Henry frowned.

"We all fit last time?" Wesley frowned.

"We've got Adam, James, and Alex here this time." Henry pointed out, gesturing to the three oldest Ryders.

"Oh..." Wesley nodded, glancing at his dad.

"How about the twins come in the Jeep with us then." Wesley suggested. "The six of us can fit."

"Yeah and that leaves the seven of you for the SUV." Mark nodded.

I saw Mr. Ryder look over at Jane and they both exchanged a look of understanding.

"Alex can go in the Jeep with you, we want Marley or Mark in the SUV." Jane spoke up.

"What! No I have to be with Grace." Marley said instantly.

"Then Mark, you're coming in the SUV."

"Bullshit." Mark frowned. "I'm going in the Jeep."

Wesley and I exchanged looks again.

Marley and Mark had been awful lately to each other, but times like this when they both wanted something, they were awful to whoever was opposed to them.