Chapter 15: That's All That Matters

Chapter 15

"We really should be studying." Wesley murmured, his hands sliding around my waist.

"Yea, totally." I mumbled against his lips, holding his face gently in my hands.

"Finals..." Wesley said, leaning forwards slightly.

"So much reviewing to do." I whispered, pushing my hips against his.

Wesley let out a little groan, reaching up to twist his fingers in my hair.

"Five more minutes of this and then we'll actually study." I whispered, leaning my head back as he started kissing my neck.

"Yea, sure." Wesley breathed against my neck, pulling aside the neckline of my t-shirt.

I felt my breath catch in my throat as I twisted my fingers in his hair, his lips and tongue sweeping across my collarbone.

"Shit." I laughed, rolling my hips against his again. "There's no way I'd be able to focus on studying now."

"And we get an entire week of this with nothing else to worry about." Wesley laughed, gently guiding my head back down in front of his.

I felt my stomach tighten as a jolt of panic shot through my chest.

"We need to talk about that." I whispered, fixing my shirt.

"What? I thought your parents were cool with it. I mean everybody's all packed." Wesley frowned, his hands still on my waist.

I took a deep breath. "Do you remember the first time we hung out at your house?" I asked quietly.

"Yea we watched the Parent Trap but then you had to leave because..." Wesley trailed off. "Oh damn I didn't even think about that."

"Okay and so like, I really want to go to the Bahamas, I do, but it's totally different right now when I'm not actually in the situation compared to when we're there and if I have an anxiety attack or something." I said quietly, looking down at my hands.

Wesley took my hands into his and I looked up to meet his gaze.

"If that happens, then we'll deal with it. But you're going to have a fun week, I promise." Wesley said quietly, squeezing my hands.

"I know it's just... Every time I think about it I get a pit in my stomach." I said softly, looking down at my hands again.

"Well hey, the first time we hung out and I leaned in to kiss you, you freaked the hell out right?" Wesley said softly.

I felt my cheeks turn pink as I nodded. "Yea I'd never kissed anyone before." I admitted, biting my lip.

"Exactly. But now you're totally fine with sitting on my bed making out with me." Wesley laughed. "You just have to get used to things, and I'll be here for you every step of the way."

I nodded, a soft smile spreading on my face.

"I know that. I'm just nervous about it, that's all." I shrugged.

"Look at me." Wesley whispered, gently pulling my chin up.

My eyes met his as he slid his hand to push my hair back.

"When we're in the Bahamas, if you start feeling anxious, just know that I love you and that's all that matters." Wesley said quietly.

My eyes widened slightly, as my heart started pounding in my chest.

"You love me?" I whispered.

"Damn you really aren't good at subtle hints are you?" Wesley laughed. "Babe if I wasn't hopelessly in love with you, I wouldn't be inviting you on a family vacation, not with my insane family."

I let out a laugh, leaning forwards to press my lips against his.

"I... I love you too." I said softly as I kissed him.

"Wesley I need your help!" Marley exclaimed, bursting into the room.

I pulled back from him, my cheeks turning pink as we turned to look at Marley.

"Yes?" Wesley raised his eyebrows.

"Okay look at this." Marley said quickly, climbing onto the bed. She put down her apush textbook, review book, and notebook.

"Marley what are you-"

"No shush listen. For this multiple choice question, look at the four possible answers right? But the one that I have in my notes is different from the correct answer and it's different from the book! So that means that my notes are wrong, what if more of my notes are wrong and I've totally been studying the wrong stuff for the past three months can you quiz me out of the book?" Marley asked eagerly, her eyes wide and terrified.

"Marley, I am busy right now." Wesley said slowly.

"Okay okay so you can't quiz me. But do you think there will be essay questions on the final?" Marley asked quickly. "And what about free response questions? And do you think there will be any document based questions because we haven't really gone over them yet but-"

"Marley." Wesley said quickly.

"Yes?" Marley sighed, leaning back a little bit.

"You're starting to sound like Hermione." Wesley laughed. "It's the night before your final. You've done more than enough studying. Go take a bath, drink some tea, relax, and get a good night sleep."

Marley nodded.

"Okay okay." She whispered, getting up from the bed. "Wait but I just have one more question about-"

"Dude! Chill!" Wesley exclaimed. "Get out!" He added, pointing to the door.

"Right, right." Marley nodded, collecting her books into her arms. "What about-"

"MARK! DEAL WITH MARLEY!" Wesley yelled out into the hallway.

"No hang on can you just tell me about the Election of 1800?" Marley asked quickly, trying to flip through her notes. "I'm not sure if I have enough."

My eyes widened as there were actual tears in her eyes. Her hands were shaking as she tried to find the section in her notes.

Mark walked into the room with a bored look on his face.

"Come on." He said, grabbing the back of Marley's shirt.

"No hang on Wesley what about the-"

"Dude, you're seriously losing it." Mark laughed, taking the books from Marley's hands as he pulled her out of the room. "No more studying tonight. Go to sleep."

Mark shut the door behind him and I turned to Wesley with my eyebrows raised.

"Should I be that concerned about my finals?" I laughed.

"It's just Marley. She gets overly stressed about stuff. Besides, you already took your apush final, you just have to worry about debate tomorrow, which you can literally show up to get an A." Wesley shrugged.

"But you have to study for AP Chem." I gave him a look.

"Like I said, not much studying can be done the night before." Wesley shrugged. "But I sure as hell can study you." 

--------

Marley's freak out episode is a slightly watered down version of me the night before my apush final like a year and a half ago :P 

-E xx

Comment below your worst final exam moment! I'm writing the end of this book which consists of another set of finals, maybe you'll be featured ;)