Chapter 14 : Gunshots *

Start from the beginning

My feet managed to carry me out back where a few of these God awful millennials took it upon themselves to jump into the pool the owner has outside in nothing but their underwear. The idea of cooling off in warm, steady water was tempting, but I rather do it alone when there isn't a ringing in my ears.

This parties initial intention was a welcoming to this years summer, but instead all this night has welcomed is cheap alcohol and the stench of weed that the ones who are smoking it don't know is synthetic. They'll be fine... hopefully. I make myself laugh.

I've had a few shots yes, but nothing or perhaps not enough to help me at least become the least bit tipsy in hopes of soon not remembering what I've done tonight next morning. My high alcohol tolerance sure wasn't helping either

I slump down on a seat I find outside in a dim, lonely corner with a loud sigh. It's a relief I was even able to find an empty seat. Without much care of how un-ladylike this may appear, I slip out of my heels and place them securely under the seat I was currently resting on. I sit back, my arms lazily resting upon each armrest as I close my eyes momentarily before I open them again. I am instantly raptured by the enthralling sight I saw above me. All I could see was just a small portion of the entire galaxy, but still it appeared as if it was endless. Regardless of how far my two pretty blue eyes could allow me to explore, there was no denying of it being the most mesmerizing sight I've seen all night.

The sight brought me a millisecond of self peace.

That second did not last and before my mind had the chance to space out, I heard trail of all too familiar giggles. With excitement and hope, I lift my head up and luckily it was exactly who I've been on the hunt for the past fifteen minutes before I reluctantly decided to give up my search.

A tipsy Armani and Sasha walked hand in hand towards the pool with obvious intentions of jumping into the dirty water, but I wasn't about to let that happen, not because I was concerned about their ablutions but because I was in desperate need of a ride home. I momentarily wondered of Lebra's whereabouts, but I almost immediately made the safe assumption that if both Armani and Sasha are out here Lebra must not be too far behind.

With my dress grossly infuriatingly sticking to my pale skin I get up, using the only amount of strength I had left after wearing those heels for hours, which speaking of I didn't even bother to put back on as I began to walk towards the two girls.

"Armani, Sasha!" I call out for them and luckily they hear me, ridding me of the embarrassment of having to call after them for a second time.

I reach up to them in no time, thanks to them stopping in their tracks.

"Can we go home, Armani?"

They both drunkly gawk at me. They looked so... moronic. Gosh, I'm offended by the idea that I look that moronic when I'm barely conscious. 

"Ro, aren't you having fun?" Armani questions, not in concern but in hopes of me backtracking and decide to stay, leaving this conversation at that. I don't.

"No even a little bit."

"Well we wanna stay." Sasha says and Armani agrees without even having to say a thing.

I roll my eyes as they turn their backs to me, continuing in their tracks. Convincing a drunk person to do something was a challenge I was too exhausted to face tonight.