Chapter Twenty: Melissa's Secret

Melissa's Birthday

It was finally Melissa's Birthday

Victoria sat there looking at the locket her mind not knowing what to think. She was so angry at Melissa for leaving her in this world. Not thinking about her before she decided to take her own life.

The anger Victoria was feeling was sharp like knives. She wanted to understand where Melissa was coming from when she read the letter but she couldn't quite understand it.

She wanted to talk to Taylor about it but she knew that she wouldn't be able to understand how she felt. Victoria was dealing with the cold hard truth on her own and she didn't really know how to cope with it all.

For the first time in her life she wanted to be with Melissa. She wanted to switch places with her. The dark Raven haired girl knew that she couldn't possibly change the past.

Blake and Taylor were at the cabin while Victoria was at her own place. She wanted to be alone for awhile and Taylor kindly understood. Taylor didn't know what was going on but she gave Victoria her space as needed.

The love that she had for Melissa was still there, so when she found out that Melissa dying wasn't an accident. She didn't know what to do, it broke her down. She was now in her bathroom laying on the floor with her knees brought up to her chest as little sobs and whimpers escaped her lips.

"How could you do this to me" she whispered to herself. She was incapable of doing anything, she was incapable of getting up. She was incapable of doing nothing but crying. She couldn't move, her heart was physically breaking and she didn't know how to fix it. She didn't know how to make herself feel better.

She couldn't help but think why Melissa would keep this big secret from her. Why she didn't come to her about being depressed? Why she didn't confide in her. Victoria blamed herself she was confused, how could she not see the signs?

Later That Day

Victoria still laid on the bathroom floor but this time it was silent. She wasnt crying, she wasn't talking, she wasnt sobbing. She simply just sat there in a ball on the cold tile floor.

Taylor had been calling her all day with no answer. She was very worried. Taylor knew what today was for victoria, she knew that Victoria would want to be alone but sometimes when people want to be alone it doesn't mean that they need to be alone.

Taylor dropped Blake off at a close friends house before she proceeded to check up on Victoria

Thirty Minutes Later

Taylor had been banging on the door to victorias house for about 10 minutes now and after awhile she decided to quietly open the door.

"Victoria" she yelled, no answer. She yelled her name again but didn't receive a reply. Taylor started to get worried as she searched the entire house, until she reached the bathroom.

The sight before Taylor made her burst into tears. Seeing the love of her life laid on the floor with cuts on her wrist as she sat there without saying a word.

Taylor picked Victoria up in her arms bridal style as she carried her to the room. "Babe I'm here" Taylor whispered in victorias ear "I'm here for you princess I promise" she kept whispering sweet nothing in her ear as she laid Victoria down on the bed. She got a hot towel and cleaned the freshly made blood off of her wrists.

After awhile of pacing back and forth Taylor finally decided to lay in the bed with Victoria. She laid there for awhile as Victoria cuddled up against her still not saying a word or making a sound.

She looked up at Taylor with a little smile on her face before she decided to speak. "You came" Victoria finally spoke as Taylor quickly looked down at her with a sparkle in her eye. "You knew I needed you and you came for me" she said as tears begin to fall down her face. She tried to stop them but they fell down like water falls.

Taylor knew that Victoria needed her even though she didn't say it. She knew that Victoria wanted and needed Taylor to be there for her. That's when Taylor finally realized you may not think people want your help but they do need your help they're just to afraid or ashamed to ask.

"Yes babe. I'm here for you" Taylor spoke with her eyes glued to Victoria she rubbed up and down her back in a soothing manner. She knew it was something that Victoria wasn't sharing with her but she wasn't going to push the issue.

"Melissa killed herself, she left me" Victoria finally spoke with tears spilling out of her eyes.

"That's what the letter was about?" Taylor asked as Victoria nodded at her and handed her the letter and the locket.

Taylor skimmed over it with tears threatening to spill out. She gasped when she got to the end of the letter and smiled at what it said.

The Ending Of The Letter

Please remember that even though I'll be gone and you'll only have this locket and our memories left of me. That I love you and I'll continue to love you endlessly.

With great admiration know that I give you my blessing to finally be free and know that it is okay to love someone else. To finally move on.

With all my love,

Your princess, Melissa Ramirez

Taylor opened the locket and she finally seen Melissa. Taylor couldn't deny that she was beautiful, mesmerizing in fact. She looked at Victoria as she spoke once more.

"She was beautiful. I understand that you're angry with her Victoria and you may not understand why she did what she did but you know as much as I do that she loved you and that was a beautiful thing. She was very beautiful and I get why you're so intrigued by her but the things that you're doing to yourself, Melissa wouldn't want that and neither do I. So please for both of our sakes, do not loose yourself." Taylor finished as tears spilled down her face.

Victoria was in shock at the kind words that Taylor was saying about Melissa and how calm and great that she was taking everything.

She knew that she had to finally be able to allow herself to really love someone else.... even if that someone wasn't Melissa.

Even though she did care wonders about Melissa, Taylor was in her life now and more amazing then ever.

"I promise I won't loose myself, if you promise me you wont loose yourself either."

Taylor looked at Victoria with a big grin on her face as she brought Victorias lips down on hers.

"I promise" Taylor spoke into the kiss as she continued kissing Victoria passionately.