Chapter Nineteen: Distractions

VICTORIA'S P.O.V

The Next Morning

I woke up with Taylor and Blake in my arms. Taylor was laid on her back while Blake had her leg on top of taylors back and her head laying on taylors hair.

I was up extremely early. I was so happy with Taylor and I couldn't help but think that something bad was going to happen. I was afraid, I was so afraid to loose Taylor and even more afraid to loose Blake because if I lost Blake then Taylor would never be the same again.

My head kept spinning but I was trying my hardest to think of every positive outcome to any situation that could occur.

We were currently at my house instead of the cabin. Blake was extremely curious as to what my house looked like and she said it made her feel more at home.

I went outside to check my mail box. Heading back inside I sit the mail on the table.. My father's been calling me everyday, I haven't talked to him since he tried to make me the face of taylors company and speaking of Taylor she goes back to work after blakes birthday and to say that I was going to miss her more than ever would be an understatement.

My head was starting to hurt from over thinking. I just didn't wanna loose Blake, I didn't wanna loose Taylor and I didn't want to loose myself. We have so much going on right now so much shit happening all at once, I'm surprised were still standing.

Melissa's birthday is coming up and I can't help but be sad about it. Every time the anniversary of her death comes around or her birthday comes around. It always reminds me of what I no longer have.

I had never been in love before until I met Melissa. I thought I was a lost cause until she showed me that I didn't have to be so angry with the world anymore. Until she showed me what "love" truly felt like. I didn't know how to love someone and I didn't know how it felt to actually be loved. Until her

So when she died I thought that I would never be able to love anyone else. I thought love was dead to me. I was so heartbroken over Melissa when she died, I couldn't bare the thought of loosing her and when I did. It broke me completely.

I never thought that I could ever be in love again, until I met taylor. She showed me just like Melissa did, how it felt to be loved, how it felt to be cared about. She's loosing her daughter to cancer, her uncle took her innocence, her ex girlfriend betrayed her by sleeping with her uncle and yet she still had love and care in her heart, she still chose to give me all of her. Taylor chose to love me.

And that's why I love her because even though she's loosing herself and possibly the only family she really has left besides me. She still continues to love me and that's a beautiful thing.

Later That Day

Blake was sitting on the couch next to me and Taylor, we were all watching a movie. This moment was very precious to me, I felt like we were a family, like we are a family.

And I never really expressed the way I felt to Taylor about Blake because I never wanted to make her even sadder than she already was.

But I was heart broken. I had grown to love this little girl, she had grown to love me. She was comfortable with telling me everything and I do mean absolutely everything. It was the cutest thing and to think that we could possibly loose her frightens me.

Blake turned the channel from the movie we were watching as music started playing on the screen. It wasn't your everyday type of music. It was a "violinist" she was playing so beautifully and I noticed that blake seemed to be amazed and at awe with the way it sounded. She never took her eyes away from the TV until it ended and she clapped, she clapped so damn loud. It was the cutest fucking thing I had ever seen.

"That's what I want for my birthday. I want someone that can play that for me." Blake said with a smile on her face..

It was a little strange that she could of had anything she wanted for her birthday but instead she wanted to go see a violinist. At 10 years old this girl was full of surprises.

I went inside the kitchen with Taylor right behind. Blake was still sitting on the couch now watching a guy play the cello. I sat at the table as Taylor sat next to me, she looked at me with a smile on her face before she decided to speak.

"I have a friend who plays the violin. We'd probably have to go to her but she's extremely good. Her names Athena."

"Definitely" I said as I smiled at her grabbing the mail from earlier off the counter. I sat back down next to Taylor. I was looking through the mail as I came apon a piece of mail that had the letters M.R on it.

I slowly opened it looking at the perfectly written letter. As I'm opening it a golden locket falls out, it looked extremely familiar but I chose to ignore it deciding to read the letter first.

( Letter )

My love, I know that when this letter finally reaches you that I'll be long gone and you'll have someone in your life to love you the way that I always have. You'll finally understand why I left you this locket, my depression took over me and I wish that I could tell you how extremely sorry I am but I'm not, I'm sitting in this hospital bed while you're in the room next to mine and I know that I won't make it until tomorrow which is why I decided to write you this letter to let you know how much I loved you, to let you know how much you truly meant to me but even in death I will still love you more than I've ever loved anyone before but my depression is taking over me it has been for awhile and I know that when you read this you might even start to hate me but I'm miserable, you were the only good thing that came out of this terrible life of mine and I know that I'm selfish but I have to end it. I can no longer live this life anymore and Victoria I am extremely sorry but I couldn't be the person I needed to be for you or for myself. I asked my mother to wait 3 years to send this letter to you, if I calculated it correctly you'll get it before my birthday.

Please remember that even though I'll be gone and you'll only have this locket and our memories left of me. That I love you and I'll continue to love you endlessly.

With great admiration know that I give you my blessing to finally be free and know that it is okay to love someone else. To finally move on.

With all my love,

Your princess, Melissa Ramirez

Tears began to come down my cheeks as I stared at the letter. I hesitantly open the locket and there she was, her beautiful smile awakening me. I never felt more hurt that she'd leave me, that she'd end her life and betray me. I was more than hurt, I was angry.

I felt like this was my fault, how could I not see it? How could I not know that she was suffering? That she was depressed? I didn't know what to do, I was angry with her and I was angry with myself.