FAA - Chapter 14

There he was. Sitting there slowly sipping his hot coffee, while he had a blue pants-suit on. I took a deep breath and walked towards the table he sat. He didn't notice me, but he did take out his phone and started searching for only God knows what.

As soon as I reached his table, I placed my hand on the empty chair and cleared my throat. "John."

He immediately looked up at me and smiled. "Why... if it isn't the lovely Keni." He stood up and took my hand in his, before placing a soft kiss on my knuckles.

I felt like pulling my hand away, but that would have been rude. Especially because he was a well know, people were looking at him with wide eyes and parted lips.

"Please... take a seat." He offered as he pointed at the empty chair.

I nodded and softly thanked him as I sat down. I placed my bag on my lap and my hands on the table, then looked at him. He was already looking at me, with a smile on his face.

"You look lovely." He stated with a smile.

I wore a yellow undress and black heels. I know, I still have the fever and probably still catching flu, but I didn't want to show it to John. "Thanks." I fake a smile. "I see you already bought something to drink." I stated and indicated at his coffee besides him.

He looked down at it, then nodded. "Yes... I did, just to keep me busy until you come along." He looked at me. "I didn't buy you anything-"

"I can see that." I rolled my eyes at him, but didn't dare to smile.

"Because I didn't think you would come. Or want anything. I don't know. I don't know what you like and dislike, and it would have been a waste of money." He simply said.

"You have loads of money... why should that be a problem?" I asked with my eyebrow up.

He glared at me for some time, before sighing deeply. "Would you like anything, then?"

"No." I shook my head. "I'm fine."

"Alright then," he shrugged. "That's out of the way. Now... let's get down to what we were meant to do."

"Me giving you my mother's number doesn't make me the happiest woman." I stated.

He looked at me and smirked a bit. "Were you? Were you the happiest?"

Oh...! I took this an an insult. "Yes. In fact, John, I was. But that stopped when you decided to ring my phone for some lousy reason." I bitterly spat.

He chuckled and leaned back against his chair. "Are you always like this?"

"Like what?" I asked.

"Uptight, controlling, bitter and sassy?" He asked as he rubbed his chin with his index finger. "Mmm, I bet you like this in bed, too."

I gasped and looked at him in disgust. "You sick-"

"No." He shook his head. He then picked up his cup and took a sip. He then placed it back down and crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm not speaking like I need or want experience, I've already been there with your mother. And besides, it would be wrong on many levels, am I right?"

I kept quiet, but glared at him.

"And... I was actually referring to your boyfriend? Niall, I think his name was?"

"How do you know Niall?" I asked curiosity.

"The Horans? Good people. Love money though, especially the father. He lives and breaths in money." John exclaimed. "Good people to make business with."