FAA - Chapter 9

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at Niall. My heart was aching to know the truth, but my mind told me to be calm, to calm down and listen to what Niall had to say.

Niall sighed and walked away from me and towards the kitchen with his finger running through his hair. I stayed still, just remained quiet, and waited patiently for him to speak... though, my patience was thining within the seconds we remained quiet.

"So?" I said starring at his back that was currently facing me. "What excuse do you have for me today?"

Niall sighed and turned then looked at me. "I'm sorry." He sighed and ran his hands over his face, then closed his eyes. "I'm sorry I lied to you."

"Niall, I don't need you apology." I stated a bit annoyed with him. "I want to know why you lied, not if you lied."

Niall opened his eyes, letting his blue eyes pierce into my brown ones. "I...I just..."

"You just what?" I asked and took a couple of steps toward him. "Just tell me."

"You're gone get mad and then angry at me." He softly said and leaned against the counter. He looked away from me, and starred out of space.

"Niall, I'm already mad, trust me on that. But, maybe if you just tell me why you lied and where you were, things will be better for the both of us." I sighed and sat in the couch next to me. I burried my face in my hands and sighed.

Niall remained quiet. He never said anything. He just stood there and looked down at his hands. The anger in me grew up, and without realising... I was my inner beast.

"Where were you?" I breathed out in anger. The venom in my voice was golden clear.

But this didn't effect Niall at all. He just stood still, and remained quiet.

"Niall, where were you?" I repeated.

"I was at home the whole time." He answered. "I was here."

"You still lieing!" I yelled and stood up. "You are still lieing to me, Niall! Why can't you just tell me?"

"Because!" He yelled and looked at me. I could see the anger in him rise up. His blue eyes held fear, anger and... guilt. That, I know for sure.

"Because what Niall? 'Because' doesn't explain what I'm feeling. 'Because' doesn't make me feel better. 'Because' doesn't relief the pain that you caused, Niall." I pointed my index finger to him. "You caused this, and I want you to fix it."

Niall sighed in frustration and ran his finger through his hair. Then ended up tugging at the tips.

"Niall! Tell me now!" I yelled.

"Because! I lied because I didn't want you involved in my business. I didn't want you to cancel your plans because of my problems. I didn't want you to worry about me. I didn't want you to think of me differently. I just wanted you to go and do what you planned on doing today. I'm sorry I lied Keni, but I did it only for you!" He huffed out in anger and frustration.

I still didn't understand anything of what he was saying. I looked at him wierdly, but he didn't seem to see that I wasn't following up.

"Niall, what you mean?" I asked softly.

He sighed, trying to calm himself and spoke. "My parents..." he took in a slow breath. "My parents were arguing yesturday. My brother called and told me today in the morning that they were arguing the day before, and me dad left to go stay somewhere."

I placed my hand on my mouth. "Niall-"

"They on the point where they might divorce. I don't want them to. I know I'm an adult now and I should deal with it, but I don't want them to seperate. I wanted them to stay together. I can't go through it by myself." Niall looked down and lost eye contact with me.