Chapter 32: "CLOSE YOUR EYES"

Day of the Fight

My heart was racing and my nerves were on their highest level and it’s all because of Carter. The day after me and Harry exciting night, Carter woke me up and made me train at a gym they supplied me with. The next day was when the nerves kicked in, Carter made me watch reruns of Victoria’s, my opponent, fights and the reporters were right each fight never lasted 2 rounds they were down within the 1st.

After that was just complete drama, Tristan and Emm don’t get along very well, or at all I should say. They had some kind of instinct to fight for the title of my best friend and in the end I stuffed them in a room for an hour and made them talk it out but what really happened was Emm thought he would Tris advise on her sense of style and Tristan ended up jumping him. Each came out with scratches and red marks.

The next day I ran into the old cheer group, oh how I’ve missed those snobby bitches. Each putting on a fake smile and lying that they missed me. When I was captain everyone had a diet and exercise plan but Nicky says the new captain Jennifer threw that out the window and each girl looks like they can barely do the splits. Nicky and John tried to persuade me to come back for a year and get them back in shape and actually win some titles. I’m not going to lie I almost said yes but instead of telling her no I told her I’d think about it.

Yesterday was just relaxing and enjoying the time I have not getting my face punched in. Harry kept trying to get my mind off things, it worked but somehow I always found myself in the ring with Victoria lying on the grown within the 1st round. Niall and Emm had an argument on what was for dinner when Emm kissed Niall in surprise. Niall went white and shock while Emm just walked away satisfied, they’re still awkward between them.

And now I’m here, the moment I’ve worked for, dreaded, and can’t wait to get over with. Carters strapping on my gloves and Tristan is laying out my silk shorts and sports bra, Harry hasn’t said a word to me yet. I plugged in my ear phones and let the beat of Radioactive pick up my adrenaline.

As I hit the pads on Carters hand I tried to think of topics to get me in the angry state like I always did, but they always were about Harry and now that we’re together I have nothing. As I looked at Harry he looked away, what the hell is wrong with him? I could hear the fans outside waiting for their meet and greet moment.

I slipped on my clothes and stood by the photo background and waited for them to start letting fans in. A small shy girl with her big brother, then it was a really fat guy and wanted a pose with me like we were fighting. Another guy came in and wanted me to sit on my shoulder, hey why not, a girl came in and wanted me to pose funny and make ridiculous faces, I loved this but when the last person in line the nerves came back up.

“Ready?” Carter said coming at me with my black silk robe. I nodded and re-plugged in my earphones and listened to Lemonade by Alexandra Stan. Tristan touched up my French braid and wished me luck.

At we stopped by the door of the entrance I can hear as they announce her name and her theme song plays and crowd roars.

“Remember find your dark spot.” Boom my panic just kicked in as I realize I still haven’t found it.

“I-I’ve been trying Carter and usually I know what it is but I can’t find it.” I started to breathe heavily. Before he could replied the doors swung open and Radioactive played through the arena. As I stepped on stage I saw Emm, Tristan, Alexa, Tia Mon, Nicky, John and the entire cheer team. I felt the nerve to cry a feeling I was now foreign to, I have no idea why but I knew I wasn’t capable of winning. The feeling of letting everyone down and then I saw Harry which made my stomach cry out in fear of letting him down.

“Stop,” my bubble popped from my world and brought me back to Carter as he began the pep talk I was expecting but it wasn’t at all, “stop thinking of it and just fight, fight back. Think of Victoria as all your problems in a physical form all the hate you’ve been getting and,” it was seconds before the bell rang, “and Harry told Alexa about your mum.” He finishes right when the bell rings.