Chapter 30: DEVILS NAME

“Vegas finally!” I cheered I’ve worked my ass off to be here.

“Member no drinking, partying, staying up late and junk food, even though the big fight isn’t till Saturday doesn’t mean all the hard work wont all go to waste if you don’t listen to me.” Carter warned me as we got on our floor, each fighter had their own floor for them and their crew.

It’s currently 12 in the afternoon Monday. Harry and the guys were just as excited as we got the master sweet so all of us had a room. Down the hall Tristan had a room next to mine and across from her was Carter and his annoying girlfriend, to tell you the truth Livia (pronounced: Live-e-ah) was the clingy type but I could see how extremely happy she made Carter so I tried to get along with her.

I couldn’t help the thought of the movie Hangover, and what if it turned out to be like that. I unpacked my stuff and had to be ready for a question panel in the huge conference room down stairs. Tristan came in and gave me my outfit

We entered the conference room and there was a small table on a stage and seats all around it, since Carter is the only one who can be up there with me Harry and the others sat behind the crowed of cameras and reporters.

I walked up the few steps and sat down waiting for the people to start asking questions. I looked towards the doors we came in from and there was a woman just standing. I glanced at Carter while he gave me some papers but when I looked back the woman was gone, she looked familiar. I shook the thought out of my head when the announcer introduced me.

“The questions may begin.” I took a deep breath after his words.

(The dialog will be labeled at the beginning so R stands for the reporter talking and A stands for Alexis talking)

R “Ms. Brooks, you’re 19 yes?”

A “Yes”

R “Don’t you think you’re a bit young to be competing in a professional MMA fight?”

A “No, I’ve seen 18, 17, even 16 year olds compete, I don’t think it matters on the age just the amount of hard work you put into getting you to where you want to be and the passion you put into it.”

R “Resources say you were a cheerleader in high school and were a manager of the California team then moved to the UK and worked at a clothing store, how do you go from a cheerleader to a clothe sales woman to a fighter?”

A “Things chance, in my mind I loved cheerleading and competing, I still do, but when I moved I saw how people treated me-,”

R “Treated you?”

A “Well people thought I was the nice peppy girl that they could push around and manage, for a while I was, but that anger builds.”

R “You’ve been living in the UK for almost a year, for the beginning you were living with a boyfriend at the time Harry Styles from a boy named One Direction, in that time you got hate and even one time mobbed pelted with liquid filled balloons, did that have anything to do with the break up?”

A “I don’t see how this pertains to the fight but no and it’s nobody’s business why we did.”

R “Back to the fight, you will be going up against 3 time champion Victoria Gibson, are you at any level of nervously?”

A “Actually yes, but not because she’s a 3 time champion, it’s call pregame jitters.”

 R “Victoria has a special move she uses every match to win what do you think of that?”

A “Oh I think WHO CARES, everyone has their own moves just because they have them or one doesn’t mean there special.”

R “I saw that you came in with an ex, the same Harry Styles, does this mean you two are together again?” I saw Harry look nervously at me then to the floor,

A “Yes, we are.”

“Okay that is it for the Lexy Brooks panel, thank you Ms. Brooks you may enjoy the rest of your day.” Carter and I stood up and the woman was back at the door way. I could keep my eyes off her she looked so familiar.

“Hey do you want go?” Harry said making me break out of my own little bubble.

“Sorry what?”

“Do you want to go to the mall with me, Tris, and Carter? Are you okay?” Harry looked worried along with Carter.

“Yeah I’m fine and I need to get new clothes anyways.”

“Oh and Nicky is here, she said she’ll meet us there if you want.” Harry said, thank god Nicky was here, she’s been in my head along with 50 other things.

We ended up at Fashion Outlet (a mall in Vegas). As we walked in me and Harry had fan from each fandom come up and ask for pictures and autographs, Harry and I requested mall security to join us in our time there.

“Okay Tristan and Nicky you’re helping me in my hunt, no more black, well no completely get rid of it but an edgy look with other colors.” As we walked around Harry took off with Carter and their security guards and Tris and I with ours.

(All the clothes she’s bought is on the books instagram @secondchance_outfits on there is a picture of Carter, Emm, Brianna, Andrina, Tristan, and Lauran)

We were walking around Forever 21 when Harry came back and joined us. I tried on a few dresses and went back to looking at the shirts. As Harry was poking my sides, bugging me and making me laugh, he grabbed my side making me jump and bump in to someone. I turned around fast.

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry, my handsy boyfriend made me, sorry.” I told the woman, she looked like she was mid 30’s and was very high class with mid length straight brown hair. She had on a crème white dress that came down to her knees.

“You don’t recognize me?” the woman said, I was confused, then I remember she was the woman from the conference door way but I still didn’t know who she was.

“I’m sorry I can’t say that I d-,” it hit me like a bus, the straight hair, the small scar by her shoulder, the hint of green in her eyes I remember seeing every time she yelled at me.

“Lauran?” I felt my chest tighten as I let that devils name slip out of my mouth,

“Hey what about thi- oh I’m sorry uh you are?” Nicky came over next to Harry with a small black dress when she noticed the woman in front of us and went shake her hand.

“Lauran, Alexis mother and you are?” she went to shake Nicky’s hand but I stepped in front of her.