Chapter 29: WRAPPING HER LEGS AROUND ME

Harry’s POV

“So what’s on the agenda today?” I asked to break the silence as we drove.

“Well I have a publishing meeting, a photo shoot, 2 interviews, and then you and me can do something.” She said giving me a quick look and continuing driving.

“That be nice.” I gazed at her, then I notice she’s not wear one bit of black, she’s wearing her old clothes.

“What?” she said making me blush as she noticed me starring.

“Nothing just admiring your beauty.” I said, time to make her blush.

“So what you been up to these past almost 5 months?” I was nervous she would ask that.

you know regretting my stupid mistake, dwelling on it ever since, I stalked you for a few weeks no biggie, crying on Louis shoulder when I had nightmares of that day and not able to cuddle you to take the pain away.’

“Harry, earth to Hazza.” She waved her hand in front of my face.

“Oh sorry I spaced out a bit, nothing much interviews and signings here and there.” I looked out the window as we pulled into a building with old brick walls. “Where are we?”

“This is where I’ll have my publishing meeting and photo shoot.” As we walked in it was cold not as cold as outside but enough to give me chills when I walked in.

“Ms. Brooks, there all set for you in the office.” A woman with formal wear greeted us.

“Thanks, h Tristan’s over in the dressing room and foots and stuff is over there, I’ll be back in a while.” She told me leaving me with a small kiss on the cheek before leaving with the well dressed woman.

I patted my way to the make shift room and saw Tristan sitting in the makeup chair with her phone.

“Harry!?” surprise clear in her voice.

“Hey Tristan, uh Alexis said I could wait with you.” I stood awkwardly by the door.

“Yeah sure, and you can call me Tris. So I’m guessing you and Lex are working things out?” she said crossing her legs and turning in her chair to me.

“Yeah, glad she gave me a second chance.” I fiddled with my fingers

“Well don’t screw it up this time. So you guys came together… did you sleep over her house?” she was talker boy was she.

“Yeah, it was awkward but after I woke up in the middle of the night and brought her back to bed it felt like the old days.” I said just rambling on.

“Middle of the night?” she questioned

“Yeah it was like 1 or something and I got up and she was sitting in the bath. I asked if she wanted to talk about it but she just told me to drop it. I didn’t want to chance a fight when we barely got back together yesterday.” I have no idea why I feel so comfortable talking the Tristan about this stuff, usually I keep this stuff between me and the other person.

“Oh she had a nightmare.”  She looked down; I could feel the room get sad, if that was even possible.

“Nightmare? You know about them?” I sat on the counter in front of her looking at her with willing eyes, hoping for answers. I remember her saying something in her journal.

“Look I’m the only one who knows,” she got up and shut the door, and came back and sat in front of me, “ You know Alexis’ situation before all this, right?”

“Yeah, her bitch of a mum kicked a 13 year old girl to take on the world, is that the nightmare?”

“Kind of but something happened that day, uh her mum had a boyfriend or a pimp Lex told me, anyways she was yelling at her mum because she was just fed up with her not caring. So when Alexis yelled in her mum’s face her boyfriend stepped in so Alexis told him off and… okay I need you to promise you won’t mention this TO ANYONE! If she found out I told you she would have my head,” I just nodded, I could feel my stomach twist and turn. “She told him off and he dragged her by her hair to the basement and started to uh hit her, with his belt. Her mum was so caught up in his game just for money she only told him to stop hitting her so she won’t go to school and the teachers report her. The back dimples she has, in her right shoulder one there’s a scar from the belt buckle.” After Tristan was done I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t expect them to be that bad.