Chapter 28: HER SECRET

“Stop! You have no idea what goes on around here. Alexa is fucking sick and we can afford a damn doctor’s appointment because of your whoring around!” I shouted, how could she just leave us?

“Hun why don’t you get a damn job if you need so much money.” She teased back slurring her words.

“I’m only 13! You’re our mom why can’t you act like it? Instead you go and play rag doll with Nick, you know he doesn’t like you! You’re just another booty call.” The yell came out with the tear that slipped from the slap she gave me jerking me to the floor.

“You and your damn sister have a place to sleep what more do you need, and Nick loves me he provides for me-,”

“What about us, we need someone to provide for us and a drug addict mom who fucks every guy she sees for money to get drugs.”

“Don’t talk to your mom like that.” Nick said taking a swig of his beer sitting on recliner focused on the T.V.

“Or what you’re gunna send us to bed without dinner? Cause we already do that you fuck up!” within a second he rose from his chair and unbuckled his belt and dragged me by my hair to the basement. I tried to stand but my socks against the carpet made me slip.

As my bum hit each wooden stair he threw me the rest of the way. I crawled to the corner. As the click of the light bulb showed his tall figure I bit down hard as I could on my lip to muffle the screams and cries as the leather struck my skin.

 “Stop it Nick I don’t need her going to school with bruises and the damn nosey teachers calling cps (Child Protective Service).” My mother pulled Nick away.

He huffed ignoring her and hit me faster.

“Stop! Stop!” I tried to move but he pushed me back down.

“Stop! PLEASE!” the leather against my skin burned. I closed my eyes and covered my ears to block the yelling,

“STOP!” I snapped my eyes open and sat up.

 I was clueless to where I was for a moment till I remembered I was home, I looked over my shoulder to see Harry only in his boxers sprawled out on the bed. I leaned back and pushed away the hair that covered his forehead and pressed my lips to the cold skin. 

I stood up and went to the bathroom. The mirror showed my sweaty skin, my wrinkled shorts and my sweat drenched bra. My red eyes stung with tiredness. I filled the tub with cold water and sat  with my knees to my chest and laid my head in between my lap and closed my eyes.

Why won’t it go away, why, why me, why, why,

“WHY!” without thinking I let one of my consciences slip out and smashed my fist against the water on either side of my body.

The feeling of cold hands rubbing against my shoulders scared me half to death. I could feel his lips against the skin and his hair brush against my face. I closed my eyes and reached behind me to run my fingers through the soft hair.

“Come back to bed and we’ll talk about it if you want.” His raspy voice giving me chills. I stood up as Harry wrapped the soft warm towel around me and lead me to my room. I pulled on a new pair of shorts and Harry’s shirt he wore today.

“What happened?” he asked, even though we are back together I want things to be slow and a lot of things have changed.

“I don’t want to talk about it, I’m okay I just want to go to bed.” I feel bad for shutting what could be a touching moment but I’m just so tired and I don’t feel like remember the dream for the second time tonight.

Thankfully he nods and I wrap myself in his embrace and fall asleep faster than I usually would on nights like these.

My annoying alarm wakes me up for another day of training. I know its good for me but it’s just too early. I open my eyes to see instead of hugging Harry like how I fell asleep I had my hold on one of my pillows. I huffed and got up and zombied my way to the bathroom. I didn’t care for the wait so the water can warm only because the cold would wake me.

I walked to my closet, for the first time I was tired of wearing black. The sun attracts to it and I already sweat enough. I went into the far corner of the room and opened the chess that held a few clothes that I kept through the rearranging of my wardrobe by Tristan. I picked out my old favorite pair of dark turquoise skinnies, a dark blue thermal long sleeve with light blue birds all around. Since it’s almost snowing temperature I took out my burgundy scarf and dark beanie. I tugged on my faded blue Nike Jordan high tops that perfectly matched my outfit.

(You guys wanted this so the picture for her outfits each chapter is on the book’s instagram @secondchance_outfits)

I walked down stairs ready to leave, since Carter called during my shower that I have interviews and other crap, I have errands to run. Right when I walked across the kitchen the tall dark figure in the corner nearly made me die right there.

“Jesus Harry you scared the crap out of me!” I grabbed a seat on the bar stool as Harry poured me whatever he had made himself.

“Haha sorry, I hope you didn’t mind waking up alone. I thought you might like some Starbucks, it’s in the microwave.” Harry said more nervous.

“Thanks I’ll need that today. I have a billion errands to run today.” I said sipping n the tea he gave me.

“Oh so you’ll be out today?” Boom sad face,

“Yeah, you’re welcome to come, you know to see how it all works.” I think today’s going to be better than I thought, well if Harry wants to go.

“Really you wouldn’t mind me being in your way?” I shook my head and waited for his reply. “Okay when do we have to leave?”

“in 10 minutes, we can go to your house and grab cloth-,” I started but was cut off

“I did that this morning, I hope you don’t mind.” I looked by the stairs to see Harry’s overnight bag.