Chapter 56

Something's are so hard to predict, that even though you spend your whole life finding the exact

cause of it...

Kaka was still thinking about Veer and the evil spirit that was following Veer since the day he landed in Darjeeling.

Reality is shaped by the forces that destroy it. Then no matter where you are, in a crowded restaurant or on some desolate street or even in the comforts of your own home, you'll watch yourself dismantle every assurance you ever lived by.

You'll stand aside as a great complexity intrudes, tearing apart, piece by piece, all your carefully conceived denials, whether deliberate or unconscious.

And for better or worse you'll turn, unable to resist, though try to resist you still will, fighting with everything you've got not to face the thing you most dread, what is now, what will be, what has always come before, the creature you truly are, the creature we all are, buried in the nameless black of a name.

Kaka was conscious and thought about Chandni, Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.

He took a long breathe "It is the sheer ugliness and banality of everyday life which turns my blood to ice and makes me cringe in terror." He thought in his mind.

--------------------------------------------

Chandni quickly sauntered into the big palace, Veer saw the dripping stone walls of the old uninhabited palace.

He glanced around the locked inner rooms and secret dungeons.

She could hear the footsteps creaking upon staircases and clanking of chains "did you hear anything?" she queried to the handsome man who was still glancing the old palace that seemed different from his first visit.

It was clean and there were people working inside the palace. But now it looked preoccupied with bats and rats and spiders.

"Veer I could feel it at night; slithering and curling around my soul as it slowly devoured me. It seemed it was draining my energy and replacing it with an evil I was afraid to confront." She said.

Veer could feel some one around him "It touched me, with something terrible"

Soon they heard the fingers tapping at casements, sounds of howling's and shrieking, groaning and scuttling

"Is this a kind of dream?" she hoped

"No I'm not a dream, I'm your worst nightmare" A squealing voice came from behind Chandni.

She clutched to Veer's shoulder, she was indeed sweating. Something hit Veer's head and he fainted.

With a timid voice she spoke up "who...who are you?"

While she was still in shock the evil appeared right in front of her "My feelings for Veer are mine, and mine alone. I loved him, and that is all anyone needs to know. The rest does not matter"

She knew her life was in danger, she tried waking up Veer but it seemed something hit him badly.

She ran outside the palace...

She could hear the chaotic laughter trailing behind her. It turned the ageless trees into a menace.

They loomed around her.

"God, please help me" she whispered against a tall tree...

Suddenly she felt a strong grip on her shoulder, she screamed and turned around