Chapter 51

The car stopped at the gates of a lovely restaurant.....

"come lets go...." Veer hold her hand and they walked inside....

Chandni was still wondering about Mehrangarh..... why does this name comes in front of her everytime when she wants to forget about that.... She remembered the stone that she found, and now the old fort... what does that really want to tell her.... Everything around her was confusing her... her imagination stopped working beyond the truth that occured in her life... ever since her mother left her, she tried somehow to gather her life and stopped thinking about all the things that seemed somewhat unusual in her life....

"two soft drinks" Veer told the waiter...

Chandni immediately looked at Veer.... Then glanced around the place.... It was indeed silent... not many people had come for dinner... dim lights and soft music made her relax....

Veer touched her soft hands.... " Chandni" ...

Chandni smiled....

"I always want you in front of me.... You have become an important part of my life.... i can't even think about staying without you"

"I know Veer.... And I feel the same" Chandni kept her hand on Veer's strong hand....

***************

Manohar was waiting for the Doctor's report while standing impatiently outside Kaka's room.... Though Manohar now thought about the day when Kaka was lying on the ground, after he heard the scream.... Just before that Kaka loudly said that he saw Chandni sitting outside the house...... "but how is this possible..." Manohar murmured.... This was not getting anywhere...

"Manohar" Doctor came from the corridors....

"yes Doctor, is everything normal??" Manohar asked

"well I am surprised.... The reports are normal... the only thing is he cannot talk, but he can listen to everybody.... His body may not move... but he can sense everything..."

Manohar was still thinking about the things taking place one after the other....

*****************

"Thanks for nice dinner..." Chandni said....while putting her arm in Veer's arm...

"don't say thanks... I will take my thanks myself..." he came closer while Chandni pushed him...

"you take the keys, I will come...."

Chandni smiled at him and walked towards the car....

She walked in the dark car park when out of sudden she saw an old woman standing in front of her.... "ouch...." Chandni jerked back a little... "you scared me"

She kept her hand on her heart....

The old lady smiled... "it's time to face the bitter truth of your life.... it's the time to realize who you are..... numerous seasons have past with this time.... Through out ages this horrifying truth has carried away so many lives....its the time"

"you are still standing here.." Veer shouted...

Chandni turned behind.. "yes...i.."

"what...??"

Chandni turned again.... There wasn't anyone.... "Veer...I saw.."

"not again Chandni....now lets go...."

He slid her arm around her waist and walked towards the car.....

*****************

Maneka couldn't sleep.... She knew something was wrong.... When for the first time she heard Mehrangarh's name from Chandni... she thought Chandni must be making up some story.... But after looking at the pictures, she now was sure that something is wrong....

"I must help Chandni to find the truth... but why only Chandni saw that stone..."

***********

He stopped the car outside her house.... "we have reached home.."

She opened her eyes... "oh... did I sleep.??" She said embarrassingly...

"yes" he said and came closer to kiss her lips...

She smiled and turned away... "I must go now..."

"wait" he ran her fingers on her cheeks.... Slowly towards her neck..... she closed her eyes, feeling his touch....

His hands touched her chest.... She took deep breath.... "no ...." She said softly....

He did not stop and came closer.... Placed a small kiss on her chest....

She opened her eyes and pushed him away... "I am getting late..." another second she was standing outside the car and started walking towards the main door....

"I won't leave you next time.." he said softly

She smiled and watched him leaving outside the gate....

*************

Next Day........

Chandni looked at the pictures again.... "I think we must go to this place..."

Maneka wasn't surprised at Chandni's response... "I know we must.... but do you think by going there, you can solve all your confusions....??"

"I don't know Maneka....but I must do something...you won't understand, so many unusual things are taking place in my life....i have lost my Mother... Kaka is in hospital... and I am sure something is linked with all these happenings..." Chandni said ..

"alright... I will go with you..." Maneka added..

"thanks Maneka.... I have to go to mom's office today... there are some important documents that I have to take to the lawyer... will see you in the evening."

After some time

Chandni walked towards the office.... She had to complete some important work.... "I think I must sit in Mom's room... all the files are there.... While she checked the files...her hands reached the drawer of the table....

She opened...then slide back.... "what was that??"

She saw a black dairy...... slowly she picked it up..... "what's that" she said to herself....

Chandni never saw this diary before... it was old...very old indeed.... She flipped through the pages.....

I still see her..... I don't know what she wants.... The evil is surrounding this place..."

I am writing this today when I saw her....she wants her life, after which she can have whatever she wants forever...I can see the shadow around me, my life has come to halt, everything seems foggy... I cannot wait for the day.

Again I heard the same noise, it is getting closer... but I have to sacrifice my life before I can see anything wrong taking place...

There is only one solution to this evil... Mehrangarh....before I could go, I am no more....

"Chandni maam...." Someone knocked at the door....

Chandni looked around... all nervous, "yes"

"Mr Veer has come to see you" Rita said....

"oh ...ok...." Chandni quickly kept the diary back....

**************