Chapter 17

This was his third bottle.....he looked at the clock that spread its arms at 2:00am..... slouching from the chair to close the window he was astounded at the figure standing on the main road.....

danglingly, he promenaded downstairs..... "another damsel!!!" raising his eyebrows...trying to wide open his eyes.....though with blurred vision he could see her long black hair and white dress.....

pendulously he drag himself towards the main road.... "hey!!! you white beauty....." he said droopingly..... "what the hell are you doing in this cold weather....."

he paused for her to turn around..... everything seemed distorted because of so much drinking.....

"Chandni" he jolted......

-------

Next Day

"even God was in love....." Maneka opined, idealizing her life with Rohan....

Chandni aggravated since last four hours......she had been in working on her project assignment but wasn't able to concentrate and on top of that Maneka was unwilling to add something to their assignment....

"Next time i will take up individual assignment" she retorted back at Maneka who probed "why Chandni.....is it because i am in love and remembering Rohan....." she queried....

Chandni peevishly shuffled the books on the shelf....she abhorred talking about love and romance.....that was the last thing she would ever prefer to listen......

"you and your love!!!" Chandni irefully picked up her bag treaded away from the library.....

Maneka hurriedly picked up her stuff and followed her "Chandni......wait.....why...??"

she kept advancing while Chandni refused to even look at her "listen Chandni......what happened???"

Chandni had never been so furious at her before, she knew exactly why she was peturbed. All her mental abilities to do her project were wandering and thinking about the monster who must be fully enjoying his day.....it seemed she was bitten by his atrocity....how could he behave with her so ruthlessly......

He wasn't even bothered to convince her.....she thought over, convince...no way...was she expecting him to convince her to carry on with her project and stay in the same house with him....

she threw her bag on the ground, irate at herself for thinking too much about the hellion who had no respect for her feelings and she expects him to persuade her.....something was seriously wrong, her ability to think rightly seemed diminishing, she picked up her bag.....

"Chandni.....i can see....something is upsetting you....tell me" Maneka insisted but Chandni never shared her emotions and feelings with anyone...

"Maneka, i have to leave......i have some work at home....and don't worry i will complete this assignment at night..." she said convincingly to Maneka who was indeed happy not to study the boring subject to make useless assignment..... "oh Chandni....you are a star....thank you"

Maneka cheerfully smiled at her while taking out her phone from her bag and dialing Rohan's no.....

Chandni was hell irritated of all the people who were in love....she walked away towards the valley where she could sit alone for some time, far from everybody.....

--------

By now Pratima understood the timing of her Saab who ate breakfast in the afternoon and lunch in the evening and dinner was uncertain......