it seemed the world stopped, everything around them faded making them bright.... he gently brushed her lips with his finger and held her tightly closer to his body, she closed her eyes as she saw him coming for her lips....

his touch melted her and she wanted him to kiss her, without thinking about any other consequences, she curled her arms around his neck and stood on her toes.......Veer gazed at her lips and bend down, he came closer to place his lips on hers.....

"Chandni......where are you??" that was her Grandmother shouting for her....Chandni opened her eyes.....and tried to push Veer ..... "please let me go Veer".....

"no....i can't" he tightened his grip....making Chandni feel angry and nervous.... "fine, Grandma will come outside..."

but Veer did not budge a inch... "let her come"

"please Veer....." she pleaded... while he smiled at her situation.....

"only on one condition" he demanded...making Chandni even more nervous....how can she fulfill his conditions when she knows he is so difficult to handle..... but she had no choice...demon won't leave her until she agrees on to his condition....but she was more than angry at him... "fine...what is it??"

"that you will get to know when we meet next time" this time he let her go....

she hurriedly went inside without looking behind.... heart heart thumped at her grandmother's face just at the door....she was about to come in another second...what if her grandmother would have seen her in his arms....even the thought scared her.... she was chafed by Veer who provoked her teasingly every time landing her in dilemma.....

"has Veer left??" that was another question that whacked on her head.... "of...of course grandma......." she said apprehensively......

-----------------

Late night ....

"Veer either this mammoth will stay in this house or I have to leave" Kaka miffed completely maddened by Manohar who looked amusedly at the old man.....

Least bothered about Kaka's complaints Veer was thinking about his project... "Kaka....we must throw Manohar back to Mumbai....he can look after the work there....and you can stay here until we are busy with the tea estate project...."

Kaka was indeed happy with his decision...... "well I think the project here will take time....but I want you to look after it...Meghna will come tomorrow.....if you want the details...."

"sure Kaka...." Veer was ready to eat his dinner...... when he thought something.... "Kaka can I ask you something....but before that I must clear that I don't believe in superstitious things...."

Kaka gave bemused expression "what is it Veer??"

Manohar bursted out laughing loudly making Kaka and Veer astonishingly staring at him "Veer.....don't ask this old man.....otherwise he will wireless his ghost friends"

Making Kaka streaming in anger inflamed by Manohar's sudden reply.....

"Manohar....just shut your mouth" Veer shouted..... making Manohar's laughter turning into a little smile.....

""kaka is it possible, that we can have two people with identical face in this world??" he asked seriously making Kaka think

"yes....it is certainly possible...." Kaka replied in full confidence....

"my question hasn't completed yet......" Veer stopped..... making Kaka baffled.... "identical face....where one is ghost and the other is human???"

Kaka was silent.....this was not an easy answer ......Manohar looked at Veer....then at Kaka.... "Veer I think you asked a difficult question.....Kaka may not answer this one..."

Veer smiled at the confused man.... "don't overstress yourself Kaka" ... he finished his dinner and headed off to his room..... making Kaka completely shocked.......

--------------

Chandni's thoughts didn't leave for a second, she was angry at him.....how dare he behave so casual.... and how could he ask for a drink when he knows that she hates drinkers......and now he wants her to fulfill his unsaid condition....that could be anything good or worse...how could she let him win over her every time..... she picked up the phone that was ringing from last few minutes.....

She didn't say a single word ....

"angry??"

"hmmm"

"good" he added with a grin....

"Veer....you are so bad" she answered annoyingly....

"i know......listen I called you to let you know that I am leaving for Mumbai tomorrow......"

"so....what should I do??" she said annoyingly.....

"nothing....good night..." he disconnected the phone leaving her fuming with anger....

"what do you think of yourself....i will die if you go away..." she said to herself......

She couldn't sleep and stood at the window feeling the cool air...... though it was cold and pouring outside....she somehow wanted to feel the rain as it reminded her of his presence around when suddenly she heard something.....

swiveled around the room her eyes fell on the stone ..... slowly she picked up the broken piece...... "i wish I could visit Mehrangarh......" she looked at the stone that was trying to reveal her something that was hidden from ages.......

**********************************