19. I Bet You Won't Talk

Start from the beginning

"I think this answers your question," Harry smirked as he let Louis go in first.

Inside the limo was like any other; long, lidded with bright lights, stocked with champagne and food. It was truly elegant, and they would have taken advantage of the free food and drinks, but the boys were much too full to eat another bite, and they also didn't want to get any more drunk than they already were.

So, instead, they sat on the leather couch that lined the limo, next to each other, of course. Harry spread his legs so that his knee could touch Louis' knee. He doesn't know why he did it, but he did. His legs were literally as open as an all-night bar. Like, damn.

And that's just what Louis was thinking.

To be exact, it was this:

"Why is he spreading his legs like that? Is it so he can touch my knee? He does realize that it's okay for him to just sit next to me, right? Ooh, beer. No, no beer. I wonder if the driver is cute. I haven't had sex in like a year. Maybe Hazza could help me ou- no. No, no, no. He is your best friend, Louis. Stop acting like that. Although, if he was my best friend, I wouldn't be feeling a weird desire to kiss him. What?! No! I don't want to kiss him! Yes, I do. I don't know! We almost kissed at the restaurant. What was that? Jesus, he's looking at me. Wow, his eyes look amazing in this lighting. He is so beautiful. God, what's wrong with me? Why is he looking at me- do I look bad? Holy shit, Louis, say something!"

"I limo think pretty is this," he stuttered out.

Harry laughed loudly, then immediately slapped his hand over his mouth.

"You what?"

Louis sighed, his cheeks turning a deep crimson color. He steadied his breathing and tried again.

"I... think... this... limo... is... pretty," he tried.

"Oh. Well, why didn't you say that?" Harry laughed.

Louis hit his shoulder playfully. "Shut it."

"Or what?" Harry joked.

"Or I'll kiss you," Louis blurted out, slapping his hand over his mouth after he uttered those words.

Harry blushed a deep, deep red.

"You'll what?" he choked out.

"I- noth-nothing... I shouldn't have- no... um, nothing. Ignore m-me."

Harry blushed even deeper and nodded frantically.

"I need some water," Louis rushed out, crawling over to get a bottle.

Unfortunately, at that time, the limo ran over a speed bump, causing Louis to fall flat on his face, and, Harry, wanting to "save" him, accidentally fell right on top of him. Except, by the time Harry fell on him, Louis was already turned on his back. So, they basically almost kissed. Again.

"I- um, I'm v-very so-sorry," Harry stuttered out, trying to get off of Louis.

"It's okay."

They both got up and sat back on the couch, except this time, they didn't touch each other.

But they both wish they did.

•••

Once they got back to the hotel, it was more than awkward. They both changed into their pajamas, not facing each other. Which is totally weird, because they've never been embarrassed around each other before. It's never been an awkward thing. Alas, they both changed into comfortable clothes as quickly as they could, not daring to look each other in the eye.