Chapter 40

"She murdered somebody, Taylor." Calvin said. Taylor's jaw dropped. Her whole body stiffened up and her lips started to tremble.
"N-no, that's not...that can't be-"
"You don't believe me?"
"Karlie could never..."
"Here, take a look at the police reports." Calvin plopped the pile of papers next to Taylor. She was reluctant to look at them, but she had no choice. Taylor had to see for herself.

Calvin just sat there, holding in his victorious smirk. He knew Taylor could never date a murderer, it wasn't in her nature. Taylor's brows were furrowed as she carefully read the police reports.

"I just can't...I don't..."
"Speechless, huh?"
"Um...yeah, completely. I can't believe she never told me this. I can't believe I was dating someone who had killed someone before. I feel-"

"Disgusted?"
"No that's not what I was gonna say. Deceived would be the right word." Taylor corrected.
"You're too nice, Taylor. Anyone else would have said 'disgusted.'"
"Well, I mean, maybe I should go talk to her. She deserves a chance to explain herself."
"She had plenty of time to explain herself. Why does she deserve a chance now?"
"I don't know. You're right though. Karlie could have told me this a long time ago and we could have gotten through it then." Taylor looked extremely disappointed. It was going to be hard to heal from not only losing the baby but also not getting back together with Karlie.

"I would never keep secrets from you, Taylor."
"Calvin, no offense, but I really don't believe that and I don't care that I don't because I don't want to be affiliated with you anymore. I might say hi to you if I see you, but relationship and friendship wise, it's over."
"What? But why?" Calvin asked.
"I honestly think you are no good for me. Please know that I took a lot of consideration into this. I want a fresh start and I don't think you need to be a part of it or in any part of my life in general." Taylor explained.

"I can't believe you're saying this, after everything I've done for you?"
"What? You mean get me drunk, take advantage of me, then knock me up? You don't have good intentions. I'm leaving. Good bye Calvin."

"Taylor, please."
"Here's your ring."
Taylor handed the engagement ring to Calvin without looking him in the eyes. She then left the apartment. Taylor had no where to stay at this point, and it was pretty late. She moved out of old apartment, so she couldn't go there. She didn't live with Calvin anymore, luckily. And she could never get herself to go
over to Karlie's, Taylor felt so lied to.

---------------------------------------

Twisting and turning in her sheets, Karlie was a mess. She knew Taylor was probably gonna find out about her previous crime. The worst part was that Calvin would be the one to tell her. Karlie so wished that she had told Taylor herself.

Trying to sleep was pointless. Her mind was very awake. Karlie decided to go out and take a walk. It was pretty chilly outside. Karlie watched her own breath soar away in the night sky. It was dead silent, just how Karlie wanted it. She continued to walk along the sidewalk until she felt a wet speckle hit her cheek. At first, she thought it was a tear, but it was far too cold to be that. It was snow, something Karlie usually finds joy in, but not now. Everything felt over. She knew Taylor wasn't going to take her back. She was for sure by now that Calvin had told Taylor.

The street lights gleamed yellow, showing the silhouettes of the snowflakes. Karlie's steps started to make a crunching sound due to the fast falling flurries on the ground. Karlie wasn't sure where she was going; she would let her fate decide for her. Her life felt purposeless at this point.

A figure in the distance was walking towards Karlie from the opposite direction. This person appeared to be dragging along a suitcase, but unsuccessfully so in the snow. Karlie squinted her eyes to get a better view. Of course her heart told her it was Taylor, for she was the only thing that Karlie's heart yearned for.