Chapter 30

"Damn, Karlie, this place is nice! Can you really afford this for ten days?" Taylor asked after they arrived at the cabin in Nashville.
"I didn't pay a single penny for it, actually." Karlie chuckled as she kissed Taylor's cheek. Taylor blushed at the simple gesture.

"Well, how did you get this place then?"
"Great Aunt Bertha." Karlie said simply.
"What?"
"This is, or at least was, her cabin."
"Wait...so it's like, haunted?" Taylor asked concernedly.
"Yep, floating furniture and everything." Karlie joked.
"Oh my god, you're impossible. Did this place really belong to your great aunt?"
"Yes, but don't worry, she didn't die here or anything." Karlie chuckled. Taylor rolled her eyes at her girlfriend.
"Ok, but don't say stuff like that, I get creeped out by paranormal things."
"Aw, baby, I'll protect you." Karlie hugged her girlfriend from behind, attacking her with kisses on the neck and cheek. Taylor giggled as she turned around in Karlie's arms.

"We gotta unpack, babe." She stated.
"Ugh, do we have to? Can we just like snuggle?" Karlie groaned.
"Yes...after we get settled."
"Fine, but pinkie promise me we will snuggle right after." Karlie commanded. They both interlocked pinkies.
"You are such a child, Karls." Taylor chuckled.

---------------------------------------

A half hour had passed and both girls finally finished unpacking their bags. It was about eight in the evening as they snuggled up on the couch together.

"I could live like this forever." Taylor whispered in pure relaxation. She didn't mean to say it out loud, making her cheeks red from embarrassment. Luckily she was the little spoon, so Karlie couldn't see her face.

Karlie kissed Taylor's back as she mumbled.
"Do you really mean that?"
Taylor was silent for a second, before realizing that she had nothing to hide.
"Yes, yes I do." She stated, causing Karlie to giggle. She really took the time to take in the smell of Taylor. It was a vanilla fragrance that she would never forget.

"Stop sniffing me, weirdo."
"I can't help it, you smell so good, Tay."
"Thanks, now let go of me for a second." Taylor ordered.
"Mmm, nope. Sorry, no can do." Karlie clutched onto Taylor's waist.
"Karrrrlie! Please! I will give you five dollars!" Taylor bargained jokingly.
"I don't want your money. I want something more valuable."
"Oh yeah? And what's that?"
"A kiss from my beautiful, amazing, talented, sweet, sexy, adorable-"
Taylor interrupted her with a kiss as she got up and left the room.

Taylor came back with her guitar and a smile. Karlie sat up on the couch.
"YAY! DO I GET A CONCERT?!" Karlie asked excitedly.
"Yes, but only because I think you're cool." Taylor joked. Karlie patted on her legs, signaling Taylor to sit in her lap, which she did.

"Are you sure you're comfortable?" Taylor questioned.
"You weigh like two pounds, I think I will survive. Now serenade me, Miss Swift. Take me away." Karlie said. Taylor steadied the guitar pick in her fingers and began to strum.

You stand with your hand
Down my waistline
It's a scene and
We're out here in plain sight

Taylor continued singing as Karlie closed her eyes and leaned her head forward, against her girlfriend's back.

Baby
I know places
We won't be found
And they'll
Be
Chasing their tails
Trying to track us down
Cause I
I know places we can
Hide
I know places

Taylor finished the song and then looked back to get Karlie's feed back.
"So...was it ok?" She asked sheepishly. Karlie wrapped her arm around Taylor to grab the guitar and lean it against the coffee table. She then grabbed Taylor and straddled her on the couch.