Chapter 34

Taylor found herself at the front door feeling nervous just like she had felt the previous night. She had big news to share with Karlie, news that her girlfriend wouldn't be happy about.

She opened the door ever so slowly to find dimmed lights and a trail of rose pedals. Taylor then heard scrambling in the kitchen. She saw Karlie slightly jog over to her.

"Hey, baby! I didn't think you'd be home this soon, but dinner is almost ready." Karlie said as she kissed Taylor hello. Taylor took the time to look at her girlfriend. She was wearing a sexy black dress that fit her body perfectly.

"Like what you see?" Karlie smirked. Taylor looked away embarrassingly.
"Sorry I was-"
"I'm just teasing you, Tay. I did want to dress nice for you though and I wanted to make you dinner."
"Thank you, Karlie. This is all very wonderful." Taylor gave her another kiss.

"Go sit down, I'm gonna make our plates." Karlie stated. Taylor did as she was told and sat at the table. She was nervously playing with her fingers thinking about how she was gonna tell Karlie about the terms of the label.

---------------------------------------

"So are you gonna tell me how it went today?" Karlie asked. Taylor hadn't even mentioned the record label yet. She was too nervous to tell Karlie that she had to move to London.

"Um...it went well. I'm officially signed and we recorded a song today." Taylor stated. Karlie grabbed Taylor's hand and held on to it.
"That's wonderful, babe. You have no idea how proud of you I am."
"Thank you, Karlie."
"Well I guess since the studio is in Nashville, you would have to live here. We can move into this cabin together! This is going to be amazing!" Karlie looked dreamily at Taylor. She saw a bright future for their relationship, but Taylor knew she was about to dim that future immensely.

"Karlie."
"Yes?"
"I'm not going to live here."
"You don't like the cabin? That's ok, I'll buy you any house you want." Karlie still wasn't getting the point.
"No, that's not it."
"What is it then?" Karlie asked.
"I have to move to London, that's where the Big Machine Records headquarters is located."

Karlie was speechless for a few moments.
"When do we need to move?" She asked. This is what broke Taylor's heart completely. Karlie was willing to move anywhere for her. Taylor began crying. Karlie moved from her seat to kneel down in front of Taylor's chair.
"What's the matter, baby? Moving isn't a big deal, I'll go anywhere you go."
"That's the problem! You can't come with me! I wanted you to so badly."
"What are you talking about?"
"Karlie, I signed a contract stating that I will move to London, alone."

Karlie ran her fingers through her hair as she looked panicked.
"Why would you do that?"
"Because Scott told me that it was the opportunity of a lifetime. This is going to make my career skyrocket."
"Wh-what does that mean for us?" Karlie stuttered. Taylor whipped a few of her tears and held onto Karlie's hands.

"We are going to have to have a long-distance relationship for a little while, but I know we can do it. It's just gonna be-"
"I don't want that." Karlie interrupted. Taylor turned her head slightly in confusion at her girlfriend.

"What do you mean?" Taylor asked but she was afraid she already knew the answer.
"I don't want a long-distance relationship. I want to be able to hold your hand and hug you and kiss you and have sex with you, but I can't do that if you live halfway across the world."
"Is that all that matters to you? All the intimate stuff? Is just talking to me not enough?"

"Taylor, you know that stuff matters to you too. You will get tired and lonely and then just end up cheating on me and I'll just suffer here."
"That's not true and you know it. I could never get tired of you. I love you, Karlie."
Karlie stood up next to Taylor's chair. She was towering over here.