Chapter 4

Taylor
Taylor
Taylor

That's all her mind was on. Karlie forgot about the fact that she is now unemployed and also missed the Friends marathon, but she didn't care. She couldn't stop thinking about Taylor. She had never liked a girl quite like this.

Karlie was nervous about texting Taylor, but she also couldn't wait any longer. Quickly getting her phone as she sat on her comfy couch, Karlie thought about what her first message to the singer would be.

Hey! It's Karlie! You know, from the coffee shop. I can't stop thinking about tonight. It was...special to me. Hopefully that's not like weird. I had a really tough day and your positive energy really helped me out. Thank you for that, Taylor.

Karlie hit send and was extremely nervous. What if she doesn't respond or thinks I'm weird? Karlie asked herself. A few minutes later, Karlie received a response.

Sorry you must have the wrong number, I'm not Taylor.

Karlie's heart dropped immediately. Taylor gave her a fake business card. She felt fooled. Karlie was on the verge of tears, she thought Taylor really liked her too.

Karlie's phone illuminated with another message from the same phone number.

I'm just kidding, it's Taylor! Sorry that was a stupid joke XD. But I'm glad to have helped you out. It meant a lot to me that you were there and actually listening to my music. I can't remember the last time someone has done that.

Karlie took a huge breath of relief. It was only a joke. Why do I always jump to conclusions like that? This was one of Karlie's biggest character flaws. Karlie becomes saddened again after reading the rest of the message that Taylor had sent her.

No one supports her. She does this on her own.

Karlie realizes how similar her and Taylor are. But the difference between Karlie and Taylor is that Taylor hasn't even been given a chance to become a famous singer. Karlie had her chance at being a model, and she got fired for something she couldn't control. In Karlie's mind, she was successful for making it as far as she did. Taylor was successful too, but performing at a tiny coffee shop at eight o'clock doesn't sound like something anyone would want.

Karlie was trying to think of a response to Taylor, there was so much she wanted to ask and say.

You deserve a whole fan base that supports you, and if it starts with me, then so be it. I also wanted to ask you a question, what's up with you and that Calvin guy?

Karlie wasn't sure if that was a little bit too personal, but she took the chance anyway. Taylor responded quicker than Karlie had expected.

Thank you for saying that about the fan base. You are literally one of the nicest people I have ever met. And about Calvin...well it's a long story. He hits on me all the time, and I'm really not into him. He offered me the gig at the coffee shop after I bought a cup of coffee one day. Calvin then asked me on a date and I said yes because, well, I didn't want to lose the gig, even though it's a pretty shitty one. So we went to some restaurant and he was just really weird the whole night and I'm just so not interested it was painful. He tried to kiss me good night and I nearly slammed the door in his face.

Karlie was shocked at her response.

Wow that sucks. But can I ask you this, he seems really nice to you, what don't you like about him?

Karlie wasn't sure how Taylor would answer this, but there was one thing that could be a deal breaker here, what if Taylor isn't into girls? Karlie learned to never ever fall for straight girls. She looked at her phone happy to see Taylor's name appear.

Well...lately I've been having different feelings then I'm used to. I guess I've just been questioning my sexuality lately. Hopefully that kinda answers your question.

Karlie could tell that maybe Taylor was a little uncomfortable, so she tried to make things better.

Well that's normal I think for everyone. I struggled with that. I guess I'll go ahead and tell you because you were gonna find out at some point. I'm lesbian.

Katie pressed send and felt her heart pounding. How was Taylor going to respond to that? Karlie was so scared.

Really? I thought I noticed you staring at my boobs XD totally kidding! I always admire people who are so sure of their sexuality. So I guess that means I admire you!

Karlie smiles seeing as to how amazing Taylor is. There's so much she wanted to say to the singer.

Hey it's getting late so I'm gonna go to bed. It's been awesome talking to you, Karlie, good night!

Karlie is slightly dismayed at the response but it was getting late so she said good night to Taylor as well.

Good night!!! Sleep tight!!!!

Karlie wanted to spend forever just talking to this girl. She wasn't sure how she was going to get any sleep tonight, but hopefully if she did, she would dream of Taylor.

----------------------------------------

A/n: Sorry for all of these short chapters, but don't worry, it will get juicy ;) thank you for reading!