Chapter Fifty-Two- Will You?

DUDES. EPISODE SEVEN CROSSOVER WITH KALDUR AS FINN AND EMMA AS REY.

Okay. You may return to reading now :3

June 3, 2016. 6:05.
Caribbean Sea.
~~Emma~~

It was early. 

I'd had next to no sleep.

I was frustrated with my boyfriend (but mostly with myself for being stressed).

And I was fighting a supervillain that just so happened to be my boyfriend's psychotic father.

Definitely not one of my best days.

"On your left!" Kaldur shouted.

I swung my left arm around in front of me, bringing my wing around with it to shield myself and Aqualad from the barrage of lasers from about five Manta Troopers. My wings did just fine against bullets, they bounced off the tissue and muscle just like with Superboy, but lasers stung like crazy. 

Gritting my teeth, I shot a lightning bolt at the Manta trooper about to jump on top of Kaldur. No sign of Black Manta himself...yet.

"Traitor!" Another trooper brandished a mace that acted like Shayera's, stepping in front of Kaldur, certainly with a glare under his helmet. 

"Oh shut up." I muttered. A similar lightning bolt shot him across the deck of the sub and into the wall.

"Only I get away with insulting him." Kaldur thankfully took out the line of troopers firing at use with a serpent of water that snaked out of the ocean and across the deck, and I pulled out my bo staff for a bit of hand-to-hand combat.

According to what Vandal Savage had said the last time I had the pleasure of encountering him, Manta hated my guts. His troopers, however, were obsessed with revenge on Kaldur. His undercover mission three years ago had resulted in many of them- including Manta himself -being arrested and sent to Belle Reve, if only briefly. Those that had escaped Justice must have gotten the others out.

I backflipped out of the way of another laser gun's line of fire, taking out the shooter with a kick to the head.

"Good job." Kaldur smirked at me, and I couldn't help but smile back.

I grabbed another troopers arm, and charged my electricity through my palm, rendering him unconscious.

"Alright," I surveyed the troops laying limp on the deck, and placed my hands on my hips, "Let's go find Manta."

"That will not be necessary." Growled an all-too-familiar synthesized voice. 

For once, I couldn't read Kaldur's facial expression. His eyes narrowed as he looked up at the man who proclaimed to be his father, standing on top of the hatch that led into the sub.

Manta wasn't a 'father' by any stretch of the word. 

He wasn't caring, like Calvin, Kaldur's stepfather.

He wasn't a mentor, like Aquaman.

He didn't act like a goofy dad, like Oliver.

He didn't protect his children, like Bruce.

And it was pretty clear that Kaldur knew that too.

"Long way or short way?" I asked him.

"Short." Kaldur nodded.

Trying to keep him in high spirits, I sent a grin in Aqualad's direction. "Maneuver Seven."

It was one fluid motion, almost like the ocean itself. With his back to Manta, he bent down and cupped his hands to catch my foot, tossing me into the air faster than any takeoff I could start on my own. And with my electricity powers, it boosted me to near-mach speeds, which is the speed I hit Manta at.