Chapter Forty-Two- Payback

Good News: THE TUBE IS OUT! I'M ALL BETTER!!

Bad News: I'm exhausted. But not exhausted enough that I can't write you this chapter!

June 7, 2018. 16:17.

Apokalips.

~~Willow~~

Wally was back.

Wally was back!

We still had to wait for Dinah and Oliver to get back with Olivia, but I wasn't worried. No one got the best of Dinah when one of her daughters was threatened, and Olivia was a smart girl.

Okay, maybe I was a little bit worried, but I knew that they could take care of themselves.

"Connor!"I was the first one into the base, hugging Connor before he could stand up.

"I have someone that I want you to meet." I said breathlessly. I couldn't stop smiling, either.

 Artemis, Blur, and Kid Flash helped Wally inside next.

Connor squeezed my heand, no doubt threatened by his last encounter with Wally, but I gave him a reassuring look.

"Connor, I'd like you to meet my brother, the real Wally West. Wally," I pointed at him with my wing, "this is my childhood friend and fiance, Connor Grace."

Not wanting to frighten Connor, Wally carefully held out his hand.

"Willow's told us a lot about you. I know you'll take care of her."He said.

Connor swallowed. "Thank you for helping take care of her when I could not." He chose his words carefully, as if he was afraid that Wally would suddenly turn back into Reverse Flash..

"Don't worry, Connor."I laughed. "Wally's fine now. Emma-" I cut myself off.

Where was Emma?

I looked at Kaldur, who was also looking around, worry written all over his face, but he wasn't having much more success.

"Excuse me." I ducked outside, since everyone else had crowded inside and wanted to talk with Wally, or just celebrate. Aside from my return and Nightwing's return, there really hadn't been much to celebrate these past few years.

Sarah and Jaime were kissing again, in the corner, Gar had his arm around Terra, and an exhausted Rachel had nearly fallen asleep on Bart, who was looking awkwardly happy. Too bad we didn't have an emptry supply closet nearby.

I sighed as I looked up at the sky, so red that I couldn't see the stars. I couldn't wait to get back to Earth.

Twisting my ring on my finger, the realization finally set in: I was going to get married.

Me. Scarred, broken me. Scarred, broken me who finally had a future, a life, and someone who, she finally knew, loved her truly, deeply, and purely.

Then I spotted Emma, who truly looked as broken as I had felt for so long.

She sat on the ground, curled up in a ball and shaking with sobs.

"Hey." I whispered. rubbing her back in circles, I knelt down next to her and hugged her tightly.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly. She only shook her head, trying to rein in her tears.

With a violent shudder, I remembered how she finally brought Wally back.

I supposed that I couldn't blame her, I did tell her to keep it after all.