Chapter Twenty-Six- Infiltration, Outfiltration

Sorry I haven't updated very much! I've been finishing a few other books, but now I'm ready to get back to my favorite story in my works (Yes, I am playing favorites :3)

Thank you for your continued patience, unlike someone I know...

Emma: HEY!

Late Happy New Year from Allegra and me! Buckle up because the next few chapters are going to be a bit more than a bumpy ride ;)

~Lizardgurl

June 1, 2018. 08:17.

Gotham City

~~Willow~~

It felt good to be back. Unlike I feared, the team readily welcomed me back. Mara and Rachel were the first to hug me when I went to the tower for a training session, and even Superman gave me a "Welcome Back" and a handshake. Bart was more than forgiving, and a tad overbearing, but Bridget and Sarah kept their distance. I couldn't blame them. Still, I had two green monkeys hanging off me all day, much to Superboy's chagrin when I teased him about it. It was just like old times, hanging out with friends and saving the world while we were at it, but something was missing. Something that we all tried desperately to ignore.

Wally.

I still felt partially responsible for my death, and even after i forgave her Emma still felt a bit of that weight as well. Nightwing also felt guilty for being helpless, which is why he had run away. He continued his research on any hint that the original Kid Flash was alive, now with help from Batgirl- his new girlfriend, perhaps? -Artemis-slash-Tigress, Robin, and Finch.

All in all, life felt good.

Aside from the fact that the Light was largely inactive, which meant next to no missions, and absolutely no action.

"Em, anything, anything we can do today?" I lay on the couch in the Watchtower's lounge, so reminiscent of the kitchen and living room of Mount Justice, bored out of my mind.

Emma leaned over the back of the couch and nearly inhaled a bottle of water, glistening with sweat from a workout with Hawkwoman. "Kaldur, Richard, Babs and I have been looking for intel, but the Light and their mysterious partner are on the DL at the moment."

"Not so 'mysterious'." I grunted. After I heard about the demon dogs the the Beast twins had encountered, Connor and I were both convinced that Apokalips was in allegiance with Vandal Savage and whatever remained of the Light. Ra's Al Ghul had seemingly vanished into thin air after being stabbed at the Summit, The Brain and Monsuier Mallah were both locked up in Belle Reve, Black Manta was nowhere to be found, and it was hard to tell whose side exactly Lex Luthor was on.

However, if Luthor was working alone, that made fighting him easier.

Emma shrugged, walking back over to the fridge for another water bottle. Growling, I sat up and punched my fist into the palm of my hand. "I want to do something, not just sit around waiting for the Light to show up!"

Emma shot me a look with one eyebrow raised. And I had called her impatient?

She sighed and shut the fridge, holding a fresh bottle to her forehead. "I know, I know, Willow, but the League is not doing very well in public opinion lately, so we need to tread carefully." We were still recovering from the false reputation the Reach had given us, and Lex Luthor on the UN council didn't help us much, I'm afraid.

"To heck with careful." I pushed myself up from the green pleather couch, heading for the door.

"Now what are you doing?" Emma asked rhetorically. she knew very well where I was going.