Chapter Forty-One- The Last Birdarang

Bad News: I'm still stuck in the hospital. Good news: the TV doubles as a computer, and it has a keyboard that I can actualy type on!

Another upside is that I watched all of season two today, and I got to explain it to all the nurses and the lady from my church who came and sat with me for a while, so that felt AWESOME!!

June 7, 2018. 10:29
Apokalips.
~~Emma~~

"Willow!" Bridget ran to her side before any of us could blink. I was terrified, for my friends, and for my younger teammates, who just seemed to realize how much danger we were in.

Rachel screamed, clutching her brother for dear life. Wally set his sights on them, and they fell down before any of us could stop him this time. Bridget shielded Willow, who remained unmoving. I grabbed Richard and Artemis, the two people closest to me, and shoved them behind my wings. I was not going to lose my best friends, my family, if I could help it.

Miss Martian grabbed Beast boy and Beast Girl's bodies with her telekinesis to move them to safety. Terra produced another wall of Apokaliptian stone to shield herself and Waterfall from another attack, but Wally, or Reverse Flash, apparently, was expecting that this time. he vibrated through the wall, and knocked out both of them with a quick hand. Grabbing Wonder Girl's lasso, he tossed her into the wall.

Kid Flash circled his cousin with despair on his face, moving those he'd attacked out of the way. He seemed to have totally given up on trying to convince Wally to stop what he was doing.

"Robin, get Finch out of here!" Richard commanded Tim, ducking out from behind my wing with his eskrima sticks clutched tightly in his hands. Not expecting either of them to question his instructions, Nightwing narrowed his eyes at Reverse Flash, who was now fighting Guardian and Bumblebee, looking for an opening.

Mara struggled against the grip that Tim had on her upper arm, an electric disk mass-produced by Batman clutched in her hand.

"No! Tim, let go of me! I wanna help!" She shouted, finally yanking her arm from Robin's grip.

A loud "clang" resounded through the throne room. Guardian was down, next to a shrunken-down Bumblebee, and Reverse Flash had his eyes set on two little birds next. My two little birds.

For a moment, I saw Tim and Mara lying still and bloodied on the floor, just as I'd seen Jason all those years ago.

Rick saw it the moment I did, and we both thought the same thing.

"No, Wally, NO!" Richard tried to intercept Wally between his targets, while I tried to fly over them and  get them out of the way.

"Tim! Mara!" I shouted, realizing that I wouldn't make it to them in time. There was too much in the way.

At the last second, Richard shoved Wally out of the way, only to find himself pinned underneath the evil version of his best friend. Wally's hands were a blur, punching Nightwing across the face rapidly. Soon enough, he wouldn't be able to keep up with the barrage.

My heart nearly stopped, and my head tingled. I could feel my demons trying to creep back into my psyche.

"You will never be able to save those you care about."

I pushed those thoughts out of the way, continuing towards the two men that I called my brothers. I would find a way to save Rick, and I would find a way to save Wally. I had to!

Subconsciously, my hand fell on the back pocket of my utility belt, and I remembered the first time that I saved Willow's life.

My trauma fought with my desperation as I pulled out the yellow, gray-ringed electric disk that I'd stopped using years ago.