Chapter Twenty- Explosion

F&L HAS HIT 12K!!!!!

*runs around flailing arms wildly*

I was also freaking out because just a second ago I thought I deleted the last chapter....and that one was probably the best one I've written in this entire book.

May 20, 2018. 18:06.
Nightvale
~~Willow~~

"You ready?"

I looked down at my outfit: white and silver sneakers, dark purple jeans, black tank top with silvery designs, and my typical cream-colored cropped jacket. My hair was brushed back into a ponytail, with the headband Connor had given me, and my amethyst necklace.

I rubbed my eyes to hold back tears. I couldn't cry now! Connor was taking me on a date, and i didn't want to offend him. It was almost two years since Wally had died; I could deal with this.

"Coming!"

I smiled as I walked downstairs. Connor was waiting for me by the front door. He wore a black jacket over a plain royal blue t-shirt with daek jeans. His bangs hovered above his hazel eyes, with his mother threatening to cut them any day now.

Some might say I was biased, but he looked amazing.

"You look beautiful." He told me, offering his arm to me as we left the house.

"Thank you." I nodded and took his arm.

We walked to the busier town part of Nightvale, past the Wendy's and the Supermarket and Benny's Ice Cream Barn crowded with families and small children enjoying the pleasant late spring evening.

"So Mr. Grace," I teased, "How does it feel to have finished another year of college?"

"Liberating." He shook his head with  relief. "And now we  have the whole summer ahead of us! Right, Ember?

"Willow?"

I could hear his words, hear his concerned tone, but I couldn't respond. I couldn't do a thing but bend over and hope that would stop the sudden pain in my gut and the dreaded tingling feeling in my back.

"Willow! Are you alright?" Connor took my hands and stood in front of me, trying to get some sort of response.

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" I told him, standing up straighter. The pain had subsided some,but the tingling hadn't.

Turning my head over my shoulder, I did a quick recon  of the edge of the town, wishing that I had my goggles with the infrared vision.

"I just...I have this feeling that someone is following us..."

Connor looked around too. "Well, there's no one there..." he bit his lip and gripped my hand tightly.

My instincts were rarely wrong, but Connor was right. No one was there.

"You're right." I took a deep breath in and out, forcing myself to relax. I entwined my fingers with Connor's, and we continued down the street.

"Let's enjoy the evening. Now, where are you taking me?"

Connor grinned devilishly, swinging our hands back back and forth between us as  we walked. "That is for me to know, and for you to find out, Fraulein."

I did find out soon enough. We entered a small coffee shop that was mostly empty, except for a man hiding behind his evening paper. WE sat at a table for two next to the window, gave our order one of two waitresses working this late, and then we waited.

Staring out the window, Connor placed his hand over mine on the table.

"You know, this is where I was when you first came back." He said, still looking out the window.