Chapter Nine- The Deal

You'll wanna hear the song in the video in the media :3

April 15, 2017. 06:27.
Nightvale.
~~Willow~~

It'd been over a month since the visit from Wilcox, Dorado, and Strange. I was still a bit on edge, but I felt satisfied that they had chosen their candidates for the program and moved on. Hopefully, Doctor Strange dismissed my appearance as an illusion, but I'll admit my hasty exit didn't really support that theory.

"Scar? You up?"

I rolled off the bed and opened my door. "Connor Grace, what on Earth are you doing up at this hour?" I muttered in annoyance.

"Just got a text, Professor Blink's daughter is having her baby, so he's going to be out of town for a few weeks. Class is cancelled."

"Well, since you woke me up this early, want to watch a movie?" I asked. "My brain never has any intention of going back to sleep whenever I wake up in the middle of the night." An unfortunate habit when you have constant nightmares.

Connor smiled an affirmative, looking half-grateful that I wasn't mad at him for waking me up. Trust me, if I was mad he would be slightly more than singed.

I set up my laptop and put "Back To The Future" in my laptop while Connor went to get us some hot chocolate and bananas for breakfast. I quickly made my bed so that we wouldn't have to sit awkwardly while we watched the movie.

"I love old movies," I said, accepting the hot chocolate from Connor and scooting over on the bed to give him some space.

"I love any movie as long as I'm watching it with you." He grinned at me, making me turn as red-hot as my mug felt.

We did a few quick touch-ups on our lab reports while we watched the movie, so they'd look polished and professional to Doctor Ernest. We laughed with the movie and cheered Marty on. I never so much appreciated someone's laugh like I did Connor's. It still held that childish quality he'd had when we were kids, like Wally's...

I started crying without realizing it, but Connor caught it.

"Will, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just...bad memories." I whispered. I grabbed a tissue and hugged a pillow to ease my nerves.

"Hey, Ember, don't cry." The memory of Pyro and his attempts to sooth me only made me cry harder. Connor wrapped his arms around me tightly, pulling me closer against his Superman t-shirt.

"Connor..." I whispered. For a second I thought I was back at Mount Justice, being hugged by Superboy.

"Hmm?" Connor's voice jolted me back to reality.

"Th-thank you." I sniffed again and accepted another tissue from him.

"You can thank me by not being sad." He joked.

I couldn't help it. I laughed.

Then "Earth Angel" began to play.

I saw Connor's eyebrows go up, and his nose twitched, like he always does whenever he gets an idea.

"Come on!" He lifted me up off the bed and made me stand on the floor. My room wasn't that big, but Connor took my hand in his, placing his hand on my waist and gently guiding me around the shelves and and the bed.

"Earth Angel, Earth Angel, won't you be mine?" Connor whispered in my ear.

"You really are a fool, aren't you?" I laughed.

"A fool in love with you!" Connor kissed me on the nose.

I kissed him on the cheek, "Come on, we'll miss the rest of the movie."