Chapter Three- Dove

From top left to bottom right: Sarah, Cassie, Bridget, Terra, Tammy, Rachel, Mara, and Olivia! Oldest to youngest.

January 6, 2017. 18:08.
Keystone City.

Jay Garrick knocks on the door to his moody ward's bedroom.

"Bridget, you have a visitor!"

No one answers.

Sarah Johnson uncomfortably shifts back and forth from one foot to the other in the middle of the hall. Jaime was with her earlier, but Bart was a little more cooperative than Bridget is.

"Can...can I...could you...?" Sarah trails off looks up at the retired speedster.

"Go ahead, sweetheart." Jay smiles and turns back down the hall to leave Jaime and Sarah to their therapy visits.

Sarah takes a deep breath and opens the door. It's unlocked, thankfully.

"Bri?" She whispers.

The fourteen-year-old speedstress sits with her head on the desk, unmoving. She has, occasionally, been better since the death of her second-cousin-once-removed, Wally West, but on days like today, it all comes rushing back.

"Bri, come on." Sarah puts a hand on Bridget's shoulder, trying to get her to sit up.

Slowly, reluctantly, Bridget does so, looking at Sarah with a somewhat apathetic look.

"You're still upset, hey, we get it. But we're your friends. Just because you wanna be mopey doesn't mean we're going to let you." Sarah walks I've and opens Bridget's closet, locating the white-and-red uniform with orange-tinted goggles discarded on the floor. Ignoring Bridget's glare, she throws the outfit at her.

Somewhat irritated, Bridget pulls her uniform off her head. "What do you mean, 'we'?"

Sarah grins at her grumpy friend.

"It's high time we had a Girl's Night Out."

January 6, 2017. 17:38.
Star City.

Olivia Queen sits alone in her room, small and miniscule in comparison to her queen-sized bed. Lion, her one-year-old kitten, sleeps in the fluffy cat bed in the far corner. She attempts to lure him over to her for cuddles with promises of back scratches, but Lion stays limp in his respective bed.

She sighs, going back to her picture Bible. Her parents aren't that religious, but she finds the subject fascinating. Especially with the colorful pictures.

Books in general are more welcoming to the clairvoyant little girl these days. Three book cases are stiffed to the brim with novels and picture books that provide somewhat of a magic portal for Olivia to escape through. Things aren't exactly peachy in the Queen household since Willow left.

Dinah is distraught, and every time her husband attempts to comfort her, she only pushes him away.

They still love each other, Livvy knows they do. But their angry words pierce her, even though they aren't directed at her. They don't even know that she hears them. Some nights one of them leaves, and they don't come back until the next morning. Sometimes even later.

For now, at least, Olivia is grateful she can only see the past, and not that far into the future.

She's jolted out of her reverie by a tapping noise on her bedroom window, and puts her book down to go see what it is.

She opens it to what most would consider the strangest sight in the world.

A girl wearing a suit of yellow-and-black smart-armour smiles back at Olivia, floating in the air with the help of two horizontal bug-like wings and a jetpack.