Chapter Twenty-Two- Going Back

I AM SO SORRY!!!! I published this chapter yesterday, but then I had to un-publish it for EXTREME editing and I forgot to re-publish it!!! Again, MY APOLOGIES!!!

WATCH THE AMV ABOVE.

Okay, you may continue reading ^-^

May 21, 2018. 00:06.
Nightvale.
~~Willow~~

I could never go back.

Now I had to.

Once more, Lex Luthor had gone too far. Now I was going to make sure he could never do such a thing again.

Connor was the last straw. If I had gone with Oliver and the Roys or even with Emma, Connor wouldn't be hurt like this.

The absolutely annoying nurse had to go over every minute detail of my absolutely minuscule injuries, when I knew long before her that I was perfectly fine. Being a former(?) covert operative of the Justice League has its perks.

"Alright Miss Ray!" She said cheerily, "You're free to go!"

"Thank you," I told her, remembering my manners a second before pushing past her and out the door.

When I was originally wheeled into the emergency room at the hospital Nightvale shared with a few of the surrounding towns after the "incident" at the cafe, it had been much busier. It was still busy now, but not as much as it had been right after an inexplicable explosion.

"Excuse me," I headed for the assistant standing behind the massive round desk by the door, "Can you tell me where to find a patient?"

She looked at me behind half-rimmed glasses with kind eyes. "Of course. What is their name?"

"Willow!" 

Mr. and Mrs. Grace ran down the hall towards me as best they could. Mr. Grace had a bit of a hobble to his walk, and his wife refused  walk faster than he did. I hugged them both tightly.

"Are you alright, little lady?"

"Have you seen Connor yet?"

"Yes, and no, I was just about to go find him. Do you know where he is?"

Connor's parents nodded, taking my hands to lead me to his room.

"Thank you!" I called over  shoulder to the nurse who hadn't done anything. She only stood their looking slightly confused as the Graces pulled me into the elevator.

"You were on the the floor closer than Connor's, so we decided  to see you first and maybe bring you up  to Connor if you were in a healthy enough state. Which, of course, you are." Mr. Grace explained, pressing the button for Connor's floor.

Mrs. Grace patted my hand. "What did I tell you, dear? Nothing can keep our Willow down for long!"

I hoped that was true.

I looked at my slender hands, grasped so tightly within their wrinkled ones. This couple truly was amazing, could I really be a good daughter-in-law for them? Was I really deserving of their wonderful son who was about  propose to me right before this whole fiasco started?

A sickly smell  then invaded my thoughts, driving away thoughts of my almost-being-proposed to.

I shuddered, leaning against the railing railing and the wall of the elevator. Mr. and Mrs. Grace noticed, of course, as the memories surged back at me. Fortunately, we were the only three people in the  elevator.

"This was where he died, wasn't it?" I asked. "This is where Royston died."

Mr. Grace looked at me with sad eyes and squeezed my shoulder. "Yes, I'm afraid it is."