Chapter 63- He Needs You

-Chris's POV-

"Have you went and seen him yet?" Macy asks, sitting next to me with 2 coffee in her hands.

"I can't. I just can't."
"He's gonna need you." She says, passing me a coffee. "Their all gonna need you."
"How do I raise him knowing he's part of the reason she's gone?"
"Look. This is the way God wanted it. You have a beautiful son behind that glass who is waiting for a dad to pick him up and bring him home. You have an entire group of people standing behind you to help whenever you need it." She says, standing up. "I'll be in the caferteria if you need me." She pats my shoulder and walks away.

I lean back in my chair and stare at the ceiling. I'm never gonna see her smile again. Hear her call my name when I come home from work. She won't get to see her son grow up and become a man. She won't get to see any of her kids grow up and go amazing things with their lives. How am I supposed to tell them that she's gone? How am I supposed to look after 6 kids all by myself? She's my wife, my love, my everything and now she's just gone.
I get up from the chair and go to the window. The nurse looks at me, picking up Brady from the bed he's in. She pushes open the door, bringing him out to me. I hesitantly take him my arms. His body is so small and fragile. His eyes are closed but I bet their going to look just like Meghan's. I kiss his forehead and something in me just knows that I have to take care of this little human. That this is what I'm meant to do from this day forward. And to look after the other kids at home because I'm all they have left.

* * * *

Walking into the house for the first time with Brady is heartbreaking. I lay him down on the floor and sit next to him and let the tears fall out of my eyes. My mom isn't bringing the kids home just yet. I have to go down to the funeral home tomorrow for 11 and figure everything out for the funeral on Thursday. Brady is sleeping in his carrier next to me and just looking at him makes me cry even harder. She shoulder be here right now. Sit on the couch with him while I make the bottles. Wake up with him in the night while I stay asleep because I sleep like a rock and probably won't hear him. He starts to stir in his seat and take him out, rocking him in my arms. He must know what's going on. I can't get him to settle down so I go to the kitchen to make him a bottle. When it's done I place it in his mouth and sit on the couch with him. He drinks is slowly and I stare at him every moment. As I'm feeding him Macy comes in the living room quietly. She sits in the rocking chair across from me and looks around the room.

"It's so quiet." She says, a tear coming to her eye.

"It's weird." I say, not looking up from the baby.
"She'd love this." She says, looking at me. "Seeing you being a dad."
"Yeah she would've." I smile a little, looking at the little thing in my arms.
Too bad she'll never get to see it.

* * * *

Next chapter is the last chapter 😭