Chapter 48- Letter and Supper

I wake up in the morning to the sound of laughter coming from downstairs. I roll out of bed and put my slippers on. I don't go into work until 9 and Chris doesn't have work today because of something going on with the site. The dog follows me down, wagging his tail. He won't leave the room in the morning unless I do too. I let him out into the  backyard and go into the kitchen. The babies are in their high chairs and Levi is sitting on the counter, helping Chris make breakfast.  

"Good morning." He smiles at me when I walk into the room with them.
"Morning." I grab a mug and put it on the Keurig. 
"You slept a while." He chuckles.
"Felt nice." I shrug.

I grab the bowl of cereal from the counter and begin to feed Kyson and Briella. They're a complete mess by the time I'm done. Chris takes them all out on the patio while I get dressed and ready for work. When I'm ready I kiss them all goodbye and head into town. It's such a sunny day. Definitely not a day I wanna be stuck at work. 

* * * *
On the way home from work I stop in and check the mail. I don't open anything until I get home. Levi runs to me when I walk in the door and I pick him up, bringing him into the living room with me. I sit on the couch and the babies laugh on the floor. The girls are in their rooms I guess. Chris is in the kitchen cleaning up from supper. I got home a little late so they ate without me which I don't mind. I picked up a bagel from the cafe anyways. I grab the mail, opening an envelope first. It's a letter.

Dear Meghan,

I would like to see my son. I know I haven't seen him in a while and I don't want him back but I would like to see him. I though I could raise someone for 3 years and cut contact completely but I can't. I hope to see you at the restaurant on the corner across from the market in town. 2 on Friday.  

I take the letter and go to the kitchen. I lay it on the counter in front of Chris who's on the kitchen on his laptop.

"Look at this." I hand him the piece of paper. He reads it then lays it back on the counter.
"I can take an hour off to go I guess."
"Your actually gonna go see her?" I ask, sitting down. 
"You seen how hard he cried the first few days without her." He says, looking at me. I don't say anything, I just mangle his words in my head. 

"But we've also just started to get her off his mind. He hasn't cried for her in a week and a half. Bringing her back into his life will just confuse him completely. 

"What do I do?" He asks, looking at me. 
"I have no idea." I say, reaching out and laying my hand on his. "Whatever you decide to do I'll stand behind you." 

* * * *

~Wednesday~

We're on the way to supper at Alana's. Well, Chris's. I don't know what she's having and I'm not even sure I really wanna go but Chris said it's probably her way of saying thank you.
We walk into the house and I smell bbq coming through to the front door.

"My favorite." Chris chuckles, walking inside. I grab his hand as we walk in. Maybe if I keep contact with him she won't try to make any moves. We sit at the table as she brings all the food inside. She cooked up quite the feast. And it's all Chris's favorite. We dig in and I have to say it's really good.

"How is it?" She asks, looking at Chris.

"Delicious." He smiles.

"I'm glad you like it." She smiles back. "I remember it used to be your favorite." 
"Still is." He smiles, putting a large piece of steak in his mouth. Now, I can't help but think there's some type of hidden agenda here.

We get home around 8 and the kids are in bed. The babysitter did this one for free which she does at least once a month. I go up to the room and take my dress off, Chris walking in the room behind me.

"That was awkward." I say, picking the dress up and putting it in the hamper.
"I enjoyed it." He says, unbuttoning his shirt.

"She didn't even talk to me the whole night." I roll my eyes in the mirror as I wipe lotion onto my arms. 
"Your intimidating to her." He says, laying his hands on my waist, turning me around. "I mean, look how sexy you are." He says, kissing my neck.
"Stop." I chuckle, pushing him away slightly. "I'm serious."
"Baby, she's harmless."
"Even when she's not taking her medication?"
"I don't even think she's any different without them." He says, kissing me again. I walk backwards towards the bed as he undoes my bra. Maybe he's right, maybe she is harmless.